Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Do you pay attention to all the lyrics of a song?
Posted 2004-09-10, 06:47 PM
I do. They usually make a song even more interesting. Sometimes I get tingles down my back when I do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-10, 07:00 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Do you pay attention to all the lyrics..."
NonGayMan said:
I do. They usually make a song even more interesting. Sometimes I get tingles down my back when I do.
I always listen to the lyrics of a song. And I know that feeling, NGM. I have had that feeling many times. On occasion, some songs will give me that feeling many times, as I listen to them over and over again, and I discover new meanings to some of the lyrics. Some songs will just give me that feeling because they are so deep. I don't know exactly why I get that feeling, but I do know what you're talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-11, 08:44 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Do you pay attention to all the lyrics..."
Yeah. Sometimes an album/song can give me a new level of tiredness. Relaxation, I guess. Basically, any types of feelings can be affected by a song, but it only happens for me when I pay attention.

That's how the mind works, I suppose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-11, 08:49 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Do you pay attention to all the lyrics..."
Of course, why wouldn't I?
Most lyrics are soothing and relaxing. But then there are some songs where you can't understand what he is singing at all.

Music kicks ass, lyrics along with that are awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-09-11, 09:11 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Of course, why wouldn't I? Most..."
When I first hear songs, I dont listen to the lyrics, cus I want to hear the music. Then, after a while of hearing it, i try paying attention to the lyrics and find meanings, kinda like what mj said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
w00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenw00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

w00t.ace

Posted 2004-09-11, 09:12 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Do you pay attention to all the lyrics..."
I don't understand german .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-11, 10:01 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't understand german ^_^."
Sovereign said:
I don't understand german .
Get a translator.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-11, 11:55 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Do you pay attention to all the lyrics..."
Not to the depth most people do.

To be honest, most music in the Heavy Metal genre is repetitive Hate, but for some reason, it never gets old to me. My favorite band doesn't even have incredibly talented guitarists or anything like that, I can't really justify why I like them so much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-11, 04:44 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Not to the depth most people do. ..."
Vollstrecker said:

To be honest, most music in the Heavy Metal genre is repetitive Hate, but for some reason, it never gets old to me. My favorite band doesn't even have incredibly talented guitarists or anything like that, I can't really justify why I like them so much.
Can you relate to them? Perhaps that is why.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-11, 04:45 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Can you relate to them? Perhaps that is..."
Yes and no, perhaps.

As people may have noticed, I am full of self-contradictions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-11, 06:12 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yes and no, perhaps. As people may..."
That's what the song is all about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-11, 06:45 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Not to the depth most people do. ..."
Vollstrecker said:

Just curious what band would that be?
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-09-11, 07:46 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Do you pay attention to all the lyrics..."
Here's the long and short of it:

Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-09-11, 08:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Here's the long and short of it: Yes."
Best Band= Billy Talent, Coldplay
Lyrics?= Coldplay moreso, they have more of a message. I tend to follow them more closely. Billy Talent is more upbeat. there still is a message but its not really as integral to the song i find. The guitar and drums are really the BIG parts where in Coldplay the piano etc more provide support to Chris Martin (lead singer)

Last edited by wilma; 2004-09-11 at 08:25 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-11, 09:59 PM in reply to sheerx's post starting "Just curious what band would that be?"
sheerx said:
Just curious what band would that be?
My signature should make it obvious, but it is Soulfly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-12, 06:51 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "My signature should make it obvious,..."
I personally like musicians who write lyrics so it makes you wonder what they meant, or what you want it to mean. It's hard to explain, but if you know what I'm talking about, then you know what I'm talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-12, 11:29 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "I personally like musicians who write..."
The only band I know of that can do that regularly is Tool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-12, 11:36 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The only band I know of that can do..."
Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin make me wonder.

From the conclusion I have come up with, almost all of the world is going to be flooded by a "levee or dam," which is either caused by too much rain or by something else that I do not know of. The "dam" will break sooner than we had thought, due to the hours we frit around upon. Either we go to California or wherever there are a lot of mountains, or we must retreat to the dark side of the moon. Now, I have another theory, but it's pretty crazy.

Of course, they don't go out and say all this, but it's just something I've come up with. Maybe I should write a book.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-13, 12:01 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin make me..."
I always try to make a point of figuring out the lyrics to the songs I listen to. Sometimes it proves to be particularly rewarding, sometimes it turns out to be crap.

Case in point, sitting down and reading the lyrics to bands like Faith No More, Pantera or Meshuggah can be extremely interesting. Reading the lyrics to a band like Strapping Young Lad or (for the love of God) Krokus can be a nauseating experience.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-09-13, 12:09 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I always try to make a point of..."
Haha, Insane Clown Posse.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven