Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru

Posted 2003-09-16, 10:15 PM
Arena: Lost Warehouse

In the Red Corner, with one creepy-ass glowing eye. Equipped with his full-concealment acuator body armor, optical camouflage, full-automatic gun arm, and powered chokuto sword! The battle-ravaged cyborg assassin, the former leader of Fox Hound, Grey Fox himself, from Metal Gear Solid: The Ninja!!!

And in the Blue Corner, looking just a little too pretty for a badass assassin. Armed with the tools of the traditional ninja, but preferring the use of ultra-keen senses and overwhelming physical prowess! The traitorous former successor to the leader of the Azuma Ninja, the elder peer of the infamous Rikimaru, from Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins: Tatsumaru!!!

In this battle of high-tech weaponry and natural cunning, who will be the last vague shadow standing? Which of these combatants will finish his opponent from the darkness? Will Grey Fox's super-human capabilities but fragile psyche be enough to best the near flawlessness of Tatsumaru's body and mind? As always, the choice is yours...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-09-17, 09:09 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Why is this getting no recognition yet.... *BUMP*

When I get back to my apartment tomorrow, I should be participating in this one. This should be a doozy alright! Get posting people!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-09-18, 06:41 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Be warned people, I'm not going to let this match stay open for a retarded amount of time like I have with the others. We need to get this show on the road, so if there aren't any arguments posted by tonight, I'm going to ask Titus and Shinto to give me their decisions pre-emptively, based on who they think would win. I know I saw these entrants suggested in the Box, so where are the Tatsumaru supporters? Who's backing The Ninja? Let's see some action!!

Last edited by Raziel; 2003-09-18 at 06:44 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-09-18, 08:17 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
I'd post an argument, but I've never played either game.

Also, I know from what other people have done, that if I simply looked up character descriptions and move lists, I would hugely underestimate one character or the other.

Anyhow, I'll just assume either everyone else is like me and hasn't played the games, or they simply don't want to go first.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-18, 08:39 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Medieval Bob said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-09-18, 08:58 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Kuja said:
Medieval Bob said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-09-18, 09:02 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Grey Fox, being a Ninja AND a Cyborg, has the ultimate power of advantage. He does his ninja thing and kills the other guys. Game, set, match.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2003-09-18, 10:24 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Apparently this is going nowhere. So I'LL go first.

Gray Fox with his stealth and enhanced spped would be formidable. Undoubtedly, the constant disapearing and reapearing would confuse Tatsumaru. But Gray Fox is not invincible. He can only pop-up and do some damage. It might've been enough to kill Snake(if you lost while fighting him) but I don't think it could kill Tatsumaru. So I will have to go with Tatsumaru.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-09-18, 02:49 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
I still am yet to do any research on these characters, but from what I've gathered, they are both superb ninjas, yet one is not human and the other is... Just from this, I would have a winner, unless someone proves me otherwise...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-09-18, 02:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Don't you know anything titus? Tatsamaru may be human but that is not a weakness. For one, Gray Fox's cyber technology is not perfect. You can see it in the game on several occasions. For one his stealth is broken, he screams. But then again, it might not be a problem with his new body at all. It very well maybe he doesn't want to live again. If he has a death wish, then most definately Tatsamaru would win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-09-18, 05:00 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
From what im reading in this thread so far Tatsumaru would win.

Any kind of cyborg must have some kind of flaw like noise control that a Stealth Assassins could use to his advantage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-09-18, 05:11 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Isn't much to read. Well about the battle. I'm the only one who provided any info.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-09-18, 05:53 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Grey Fox (Compliments of Robotic)

Tatsumaru (Compliments of Robotic)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-09-18, 06:06 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Kuja`s #1 said:
Don't you know anything titus? Tatsamaru may be human but that is not a weakness. For one, Gray Fox's cyber technology is not perfect. You can see it in the game on several occasions. For one his stealth is broken, he screams. But then again, it might not be a problem with his new body at all. It very well maybe he doesn't want to live again. If he has a death wish, then most definately Tatsamaru would win.
He has a death wish but he only wants it to be satisfied by Solid Snake.
And about the screaming and shit, it's because he was given pills to supress his past and memories and when he escaped and didn't take them it gave him phantom pains.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-18, 07:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Kuja`s #1 said:
Isn't much to read. Well about the battle. I'm the only one who provided any info.
I said a possible weakness he could have isnt that info ?
And not knowing anything about those character make it hard to do more then that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-09-18, 08:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
ok let me try.... (thanks for the visual titus :-)

ok i think that gray fox would win because technology "pwns" all. every time he gets hit, he gets harder to kill, so in some point if Tatsamaru had some licks to gray fox, gray fox would definately KILL that Tatsamaru guy. .....come on, gray fox could even deflect snake's socom (his gun) from direct hit, you can only beat grey fox in a hand to hand combat, where it will NEVER happen because it is cool for him to use his sword!!

second of all that foo grey fox look WAY better that that other guy. Tatsamaru doesn't even have armor and he will get hit with his "bigger" sword. look at Tatsamaru, were is is sword?? yeah thats what i thought, he got NOTHING on grey fox :-P

here's my story (i got so much time right now i could write a book!! )

Tatsamaru not knowing who or what he is fighting, steps forward to take a closer look at him. not for long untill grey fox disappears to the night and confuses Tatsamaru. Tatsamaru thinking if it was only his shadow, looks around. Without letting Tatsamaru know, grey fox is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE!! Tatsamaru, with his keen sence, smells grey fox but doen't know if he should just hit "air". With a quick slice, Tatsamaru was able to hit grey fox slightly in his chest. grey fox, touches his wound and scrapes a good amount of blood to his figer tips. he licks it and welcomes the pain. grey fox thinks to himself, dam that guy has skills, even snake himself never made him bleed. so he takes precaution and makes his speed at two times his speed. Tatsamaru found grey fox slipp'in and slices him in his stomach.
Grey fox knowing that Tatsamaru learns of his speed, knows that he needs to do his final move.....a move that will take grey fox 110 percent of his energy and focus!! grey fox, who has found his center, starts walking towards Tatsamaru slowly. Tatsamaru, sees him in front of him and does a quick slash, but no!! grey fox has dissapeared and ended up right in back of him, Tatsamaru with his super sense turns around and does a quick slice, but again he is not there, then at his left,...then his right, then on his back ...untill he is just slicing air. he then finally realizes he is not around and looks upward and with surprise, sees him flying towards him with his sword upright ready for the kill. Tatsamaru, not knowing how he got up there, accepts the blow and gets sliced in half like frieza and trunks!! (dradon ball Z!! ) Grey fox lands on the floor and puts his sword away while Tatsamaru kneels down and descends in two!!

GRAY FOX: "VICTORY...........................is mine"

ps game over!!! O_o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-09-19, 08:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
You know grey Fox has a red light on his face, right?

Mmmm, what a sexy fucker.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2003-09-19, 08:45 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
come on guys....am i the only one with the "Cool" story???

grey fox the winner??^(! could it be?? O_o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-09-19, 10:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Pretty much. I haven't play MGS in over two years and don't recall much about Gray Fox.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-09-20, 12:46 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Battle! Ninja vs. Tatsumaru"
Well, that's quite a shame. I have recently come across something you might find interesting. It's called research. What you do is you take what you know ( usually a topic name, job field, person's name, etc ) and google it to find more information. You can also tack on words to narrow the search ( i.e. "Alexander Graham Bell" could be changed to "Alexander Graham Bell + phone" if you want info on the invention of the telephone ). It's actually pretty cool, I suggest you try it.

Since I'm here, I might as well post my view on this fight.

I believe this is a very well matched fight ( ninja vs. ninja, mainly ) but one was trained as a ninja, the other was simply forced to be one. The skills that come with extensive training have not be learned by Grey Fox, he is simply a tortured being given a suit, a heightened sense of awareness, and a sword. Tatsumaru, however, is an extensively trained assassin. If you see my point, then the battle's outcome should be rather obvious.

Tatsumaru emerges victor.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2003-09-20 at 12:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence