Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Why religious debates are pointless.
Posted 2010-08-24, 10:03 PM
I have come to the conclusion that they are/always will be pointless. It's not the fact that which ever side you're on you feel like you're talking to a brick wall, it's the fact that both sides feel this equally, hence making the situation a brick wall debating with another brick wall over what will happen after they die.

GGnoRe

P.S.

Skurai stay the fuck out of this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-08-25, 03:36 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Why religious debates are pointless."
You realize by saying that you are essentially inviting him to post?

Anyway, I agree religion is fucking retarded to talk about. I personally don't have one. Talking to anyone who believes way to much is just annoying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-08-25, 07:38 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "You realize by saying that you are..."
Well, trying to prove something on faith alone already complicates things. Trying to get someone else to understand it with a different upbringing and beliefs is nigh impossible. But those still confused about what to believe might be open to suggestions.

Religion is essentially how one was raised by their parents. The growing exception to this which is seen as individuals further and further themselves from traditional values occurs during adolescence. It could be just in rebellion of the parents' beliefs, another attempt at independence, or just thinking differently of the world compared to their predecessors, but individuals are more and more looking for new religions to define their lives and explain the paranoia that occurs every now and then. I could go on and on about those confused souls that claim their religion is not having a religion for example (which is essentially a paradox), but that would go beyond the scope of the statement you posed Spector. In retrospect, trying to convince others of your religion that have stuck to the values implanted into them at childhood is pointless. But when asked your opinion about religion if ever, passing on what you were taught or have learned in your experiences might set them on the right track. Because religion, if looked at clearly, is the only real reason we're still sane in this world (the other method which analysts usually take is to explain everything through reason quintessentially as religion explains things usually through some sort of hierarch governing the world).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2010-08-25, 08:40 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Why religious debates are pointless."
Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that they are/always will be pointless. It's not the fact that which ever side you're on you feel like you're talking to a brick wall, it's the fact that both sides feel this equally, hence making the situation a brick wall debating with another brick wall over what will happen after they die.
I disagree fully. I was once a fully-'acclaimed' religious person in my early years, and through curiosity and reading others thoughts I have basically become agnostic to say the least. I believe the troll-argument technique actually works very well against the religious types, the short-stinging points followed up with reversal of actual points they make to you.

Personally, I think you've just gotten worn out from arguing religion. The brick wall vs brick wall analogy is very spot on; however, at any point in time one side can become worn out and give up, hence making said argument of a brick wall against somebody who's tired of arguing. The brick wall still wins. My point is, you have to destructure their argument, make them feel stupid, troll them if you must and consider failure never an option. YOU must fight Spector. This is your battlecry, you must continue on. Spread the good word to your fellow neighbor, you must never surrendor. It will be a long and tretcherous battle, but when the going gets tough then the tough get going. You are the only remaining chance for religion to finally be defeated, and what are you going to do about it? Give up and make a QQ post about how the e-Jesus warrior eslapped the shit out of you? No, you are going to troll them until they drop to their knees like a drunk whore on prom night. That's what you are going to do -Spector-, make them suck.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-08-25, 09:15 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Why religious debates are pointless."
-Spector- said: [Goto]

GGnoRe
Obvious statement I concluded a long time ago.
Quote:
P.S.

Skurai stay the fuck out of this thread.
Ooops. No.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai