Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Unhappy Worst Panic Attack
Posted 2009-02-19, 05:16 PM
I just had the worst panic attack I've ever experienced. It was absolutely horrible, my entire body was tingling like when your hand falls asleep, including my eyes and my face, I was hyperventilating, crying, chest hurt, slurring my words, my tongue would not function, I was extremely light headed and it lasted forever. I tried to wait it out like I always do but it just never stopped, only got worse. I called my dad crying and freaking out, because I felt as though I was going to loose consciousness at any minute or die or something and asked him whether I should go to the hospital or not. I didn't have any klonopin here to help me either.

Honestly his calm voice of telling me not to go to the hospital and that everything was going to be fine pissed me off. I don't know why, but it just did. He kept asking stupid questions and at one point I screamed into the phone JUST FUCKING TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!! It took about 10 minutes but I did calm down. This panic attack lasted about 20 minutes, and my body is still tingling.

God it felt horrible, I haven't cried in years and all of a sudden I was almost sobbing. I can't take emotional pain AT ALL, I have no fucking idea what to do when I experience it and it has been the cause of 3 out of the 4 times I have been admitted to psychiatric hospitals.

The one drug that does help me cope with it are the benzodizepines, but they are so addictive that I don't want to get hooked on them again. (See drug thread when I was eating 20-30mgs + of klonopin, or 10-20mgs of Xanax almost daily.)

If I have to feel the way I do I don't fucking care, I will be addicted, I have learned all different techniques of dealing with emotional turmoil but none have been successful.

I swear I'm never going to get into a relationship again...

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-02-19, 05:20 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Worst Panic Attack"
Oh god it's starting up again... oh fuck OH FUCK
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-02-19, 05:31 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Oh god it's starting up again... oh..."
What if you manage to take small, controlled doses of benzodiazepines? I realize that it's analogous to trying to get an alcoholic to only be satisfied with a single shot per day, but if a system could somehow be worked out to deprive you of redundant access to it...

Normally, I'm more inclined to say that withdrawal syndromes will be devitalized over time, but that may only be part of what you're suffering from.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-02-19 at 05:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-02-19, 06:08 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Worst Panic Attack"
That happened to me once while in the car with my dad one night. Freaked me the hell out. I couldn't move, could hardly breath, my body was tingling like crazy, and I was crying. I had to force myself to take deep breaths in order to calm down. It lasted the entire car ride.

I don't know what triggered it, my dad never knew it happened (I kept myself staring out the window, face turned away from him), though I'm sure my eyes were red and my face was flushed. I was under control again once we reached the restraunt.

I know what it feels like, it's not pleasant at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-19, 07:52 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "That happened to me once while in the..."
Wow, that really sucks. Worst I have had was when I was getting my vaccinations up to date and I saw the needle. There was no need for a detraction because I freaked out, went all numb, and proceeded to almost black out 10 mins later.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-02-20, 09:53 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Worst Panic Attack"
Have you tried any other medication?
Actually, antihistamines can be used in those kind of situations.
Lergigan works fine for me, it calms my sore nerves for some (wonderful) hours.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzskeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

skeptiskt

Posted 2009-02-20, 12:27 PM in reply to skeptiskt's post starting "Have you tried any other medication?..."
After reading up on it a bit, there are other ways to help with the attacks that don't involve taking pills (in fact, none of the remedies I read up on even mentioned pills).

The most common remedies seem to be changing your diet (like cutting Caffeine and Alcohol, eating balanced meals and such), exercising, and meditation. There's even a few herbal remedies such as Lemon Balm Tea and Passion Flower Tea, which are usually stocked by health stores.

A few sites even mentioned doing things that you enjoy doing more often. Listen to music, draw/paint, read, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-20, 01:22 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "That happened to me once while in the..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
That happened to me once while in the car with my dad one night. Freaked me the hell out. I couldn't move, could hardly breath, my body was tingling like crazy, and I was crying. I had to force myself to take deep breaths in order to calm down. It lasted the entire car ride.

I don't know what triggered it, my dad never knew it happened (I kept myself staring out the window, face turned away from him), though I'm sure my eyes were red and my face was flushed. I was under control again once we reached the restraunt.

I know what it feels like, it's not pleasant at all.

tHIS IS freaking crazy. I just made a thread about this like a week or two ago. I've recently suffered the exact same damn thing, but it happened while I was high, and right after I pinched a nerve in my neck. Very frightining. I thought the same things, it's nuts.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-02-20, 05:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "tHIS IS freaking crazy. I just made a..."
I've only experienced it twice in my life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-20, 08:05 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I've only experienced it twice in my..."
The closest I've ever gotten to a panic attack were nightmares when I was a kid. I wonder what causes them?

Last edited by Wallow; 2009-02-22 at 07:39 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-02-21, 09:29 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "The closest I've ever gotten to a panic..."
I don't think those count...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-22, 07:40 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I don't think those count..."
http://www.thehealthcenter.info/adul...ic-attacks.htm

I just googled it, but it says a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-02-22, 10:19 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Worst Panic Attack"
I had a couple of panic attacks about a month ago, but they weren't too severe. The first one I had was devastating, because I also had a high fever from mono. I went into the ER and they gave me some Xanax. My last one hit out of nowhere, but I was able to quell it without using my Xanax. I just turn everything off, put my head in my hands, close my eyes, and start breathing really deeply. The controlling my breathing part really helped, because the feeling you get when those hit confuses the fuck out of you, and it felt securing to have control over that. Ever since then I haven't had one or a hint of one, but I never want to experience that again. Just my 2 pennies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-02-22, 10:51 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I had a couple of panic attacks about a..."
Deep breathing always worked for me. If I ever have one in the future, I'll have to see if listening to music helps as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-22, 11:40 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Deep breathing always worked for me. If..."
Along with the deep breathing, just having someone on the phone or there with you helps a lot. I've been reading into methods, and soothing soft music could help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-02-22, 02:22 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Along with the deep breathing, just..."
Sounds uncomfortable. I don't think I've ever had one...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-02-22, 09:41 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Worst Panic Attack"
Dang, Spector, sorry to hear about that. Panic attacks are no good. I had them frequently during grad school. Walking outdoors helped a bit. Physical stimulation and whatnot. I also recommend cutting back the caffiene intake. That step has improved my life significantly. But, yeah, as for genuine medical advice, I'm fresh out. I do empathize with the situation though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2009-02-23, 10:15 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sounds uncomfortable. I don't think..."
It is indeed quite uncomfortable, to say the least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-23, 11:25 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "It is indeed quite uncomfortable, to..."
Like VD said, cutting back on caffeine or any type of stimulant well help out significantly. A good reason to quit smoking, if you do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-02-28, 03:15 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Worst Panic Attack"
Heh. I have really really bad panic attacks. I'm pretty much sedated 24/7

It's a nice feeling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign