Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Rrod
Posted 2008-09-26, 08:08 PM
My roommate's XBox360 Elite just red ringed. It's completely open on 5 sides (it's even 3 feet from the wall behind it) and it was only on for 5 minutes before it died.

How do you blame that on user error?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rrod"
How long has he had it and how often does he use it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:11 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "How long has he had it and how often..."
Had it about 16 months and probably 3 times a week on average. He plays a lot of PC games, so it can go long periods without use.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:52 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Rrod"
WetWired said: [Goto]
How do you blame that on user error?
Because he wasted his money on the elite... lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:54 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Because he wasted his money on the..."
But the elite is so much cooler!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-26, 08:58 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "But the elite is so much cooler!"
I read somewhere the only visual difference in the ELITE version and your basic version is a little bit of shadow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-26, 09:03 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I read somewhere the only visual..."
But a black Xbox is so much cooler!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-26, 09:07 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "But a black Xbox is so much cooler!"
sharpie.jpg

You would spend all that extra money for a black xbox? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-26, 11:01 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "4875 You would spend all that extra..."
Sharpie doesn't look as good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-27, 01:03 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "4875 You would spend all that extra..."
It also has a larger HD and an HDMI output (which was not available on other models at the time he bought it).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-27, 07:11 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It also has a larger HD and an HDMI..."
I don't know off hand how much space my Xbox has. I'm going to say 15GB just because it's a number I pulled out of my ass. I don't play the arcade crap, so I deleted all of it. I have every bit of my HD space open. How are people using up any of it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-27, 08:09 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I don't know off hand how much space my..."
I download tons of TV shows and a truckload of Arcade games. I ran out of space on my HD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-27, 08:21 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Rrod"
You can't blame it on a user error...

Is that what MS said when he rang up to get it fixed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-27, 11:15 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I don't know off hand how much space my..."
DLC for games. Especially Rock Band.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-27, 12:26 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I download tons of TV shows and a..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
I download tons of TV shows and a truckload of Arcade games. I ran out of space on my HD.
That is what computers are for, as well as arcade games.

All I have ever downloaded has been a mappack for CoD4.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-27, 01:31 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "That is what computers are for, as well..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
That is what computers are for, as well as arcade games.

All I have ever downloaded has been a mappack for CoD4.
Correction, that is what computers can be used for. As well as a 360. Everyone has their own preferences, not everyone has to be exactly like you. Myself, I prefer to download a TV show or Arcade game on my 360 and play it on my big flat screen TV with custom sound tracks and a wireless controller sitting on my couch. Or I guess I could do the alternate and download TV shows and games to my computer and sit in a computer chair right in front of a smaller screen....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-27, 01:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "DLC for games. Especially Rock Band."
WetWired said: [Goto]
DLC for games.
That just reminded me of a, sadly, off-topic question that just needs a simple answer.

Whenever I look at the different playlists on Halo 3, it says something like: Heroic DLC required. Does DLC stand for Down loadable content or something else?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-27, 02:01 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "That just reminded me of a, sadly,..."
Probably downloadable content
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-27, 02:51 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Probably downloadable content"
Thank you. BTW, did your friend play Madden 09? My next door neighbor played it for a bit and got the rrod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-27, 08:58 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Thank you. BTW, did your friend play..."
Not to my knowledge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired