Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

New Job
Posted 2005-12-09, 06:52 AM
I got a job handling boxes nightshift starting 10pm at Toys-R-Us. Now im not a big kid lol, and I was suppose to be taking boxes and stocking shelves... but they got me unloading trucks including Hot Rods, Bikes, you name it... then they had me hanging bikes on the roof. First night did 9 1/2 hrs today 10hrs. Shit Im sore as fuck... damn xmas making shit so busy lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2005-12-09, 07:40 AM in reply to Acer's post "New Job"
if u dont mind asking, what are they paying you for this work. I mean, 10 hr days is rough especially if its at night
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-12-09, 08:31 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "if u dont mind asking, what are they..."
Shit, 10 hrs at night + it's entirely physical labor. They should be paying you quite well, at least I would hope so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-12-09, 02:47 PM in reply to Acer's post "New Job"
I can't believe you guys never learned how pay works and such.

Wow that post did not align at all... Anyways it said:

A construction worker works hard, and gets paid little. A doctor works not so hard, but gets paid a lot. An NBA player is literally playing a game for his job, and gets paid more than the former two. Understand?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-12-09, 03:01 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I can't believe you guys never learned..."
Are you working in the one on 441?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-12-09, 03:37 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "if u dont mind asking, what are they..."
$8 an hr... yeah not the greatest... i could be at home depot doing same thing for $10

yeah the one on 441 Mantra
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2005-12-10, 01:52 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "$8 an hr... yeah not the greatest... i..."
I just quit bestbuy doing the same fucking shit, it was gay as fuck. Not really the work that was pissing me off, (unloading MAINLY TV's 27-36"). Along with EVERYTHING else you could image, but the schedule.

I was hired on for seasonal / part time. Basically, they guarnteed me 15-26 hours a week. Which was PERFECT, I have lots of other things that I need to keep my attention on, so I get there, working from around 5pm - 2am. M, W, F. The same week I started the whole company had a morning meeting, the saturday at 7:00 am. Basically, I get off at 2am, get hom around 3 (bout an hour away). Sleep 3 hours, go to meeting, them bam I'm expected to be all peppy and ready to go like the rest of the fucks that got off at 7pm when the pos store closes.

The next week we're getting ready for the rest of the holiday season, ok fine, extra hours and more weird hours ensue. I work M,W,F same hours, Saturday from 6 am - Noon, then Sunday from 6am - 2pm.

Christ.

7.50/hr is not worth that. I regret just not showing up and calling in asking for my last checks, but I had to do it. If you aren't doing sales, do not work at Bestbuy.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-10, 05:04 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I just quit bestbuy doing the same..."
My friend did Tech shit for Compusa... and like once a month they had a staff meeting Saturday morning... ruining his fucking Friday night. Like one time he had the meeting at 6am-7am, then work at 10am... so he just fuck it and napped in his car for 3hrs lol. He got paid $8.55 tho and the job itself was easy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2005-12-10, 05:59 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "My friend did Tech shit for Compusa......"
I work thirds at a grocery store ...my hourly pay isn't even worth mentioning. Down with corporate America.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-11, 01:11 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "My friend did Tech shit for Compusa......"
Yeah but I was doing hard labor. If I was in sales or repair, I would be loving the easy money.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-11, 05:42 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah but I was doing hard labor. If I..."
Damn, another 9 1/2 hr day. I only got 4days this payroll so I am not even hitting over time. Lol and they have me off all next week, but what it really is for me is come in when I want. Ill be there probly 6 days this week doing an avg of 9hrs a day. 53hrs will be nice. hell i may even go in all week. I have nothing to do right now at night
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2005-12-11, 06:58 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "Damn, another 9 1/2 hr day. I only got..."
My brother checks milk samples for bacteria at a cool 10 bucks an hour :P. He doesn't even do it for 10 hours ...just when the trucks come in every 2 hours.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-11, 01:53 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "My brother checks milk samples for..."
I worked at a radio station before I went off to college and I was making $8.15 to sit in a chair, run commercials through off a computer, switch cd's, and talk into a mic. Sometimes it got a bit hectic but it wasn't physical labor at all. Just managing 2 or 3 things at once at times. The rest of the time It was just sitting there, let a song play, say something, let a song play, load a couple commercials, let a song play. It was a sweet job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13