Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Web Comics
Posted 2003-12-04, 11:56 PM
Hm. Web Comics. I was hoping to write a long intellectual-like post about them, but there's nothing that I really can say about them (That and I'm not much of an intellectual to begin with.). They've been around longer then I've had the internet (The oldest one that I'm reading, and updates daily, I might add, started in '96. Sluggy Freelance.). I didn't get my first computer until early '97. But I don't think I read my first comic until around 2001, if my memory serves me correctly. I don't even remember what that comic was. So what can I say now that I've started reading them?

I've become whorishly addicted. Sprite, Romance, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature, Slice-of-Life, Humor, Parodies, Action/Adventure, Furry, Manga, Drama, Mystery/Suspence, and tons of other catagories that they are filtered into. I'm addicted to them all. I am, quite honestly (And somewhat proudly), a comic whore.

Heh, I was rather suprised not to see a thread based on Web Comics as of yet. They are highly popular.

Right then, I've run out of things to say about them. So what Web Comics (If any) do you all read?

I'll post my own list as soon as I have access to it.

i.e. When I return home tomorrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:08 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
The only web comics I read regularly are 8-Bit Theater and that one with the cats. Can't think of the name. They make fun of video games a lot. I used to read Save Point all the time before the site mysteriously disappeared.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:13 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
8-bit Theater is like...The God of sprite comics. And Mana Theater is just below.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:16 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
8-bit Theater, Ctrl-Alt-Del, One Over Zero(which is sadly no longer updated, they had a final comic)

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:19 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
A good RPG parody comic is RPGWorld. It pwnz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:21 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
Heh...does #86/68 count?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:25 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
Raziel said:
Heh...does #86/68 count?
Err, is that a comic? If so, I've never heard of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:27 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
It's a pretty odd comic that one of the guys at Something Awful does every once in a while.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:31 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
Aah. I see. Hm. What kind of odd is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:48 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
Entirely based on one animated gif that simply mirrors...

Here's a link: http://www.somethingawful.com/86/index.htm

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-05, 12:51 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Web Comics"
I shall visit it tomorrow. I'm rather tired at the moment, and yet I can't stop reading Shivae!

www.shivae.net
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer