Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Games: GTA: Vice City
Posted 2004-01-10, 08:45 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

With all the hype over this game, I just had to get it and see what all the hoop-la was about.

Gameplay

To sum it up in one word. Spectacular. This is definitely one of the most addicting games to play. Maybe it is because of its loose interpretation based on similarities from Scar Face that are reeling in fans from around the world, but what ever it is, it's really working for it! Mission after mission, side mission after side mission, and wreckless abandonment for pedestrians, police, SWAT, and even our Armed Forces make this game out to be the most interactive fun I've ever had! Even when not playing and watching others, I can't help but go crazy when people are trampled, stabbed, shot, and basically just massacred in any which way your little heart desires.

Sounds

With the option to change radio stations in cars, and between all the grueling and pain-staking noises humans can make, this has to be one of the best auditory games ever! If the sounds of slicing skin, crushing bones, and tearing carcuses isn't your cup of tea, maybe you should sway from this gaming experience...

Graphics

Honestly, I really wished they would have put more effort into this department. The choppy features of the humans is quite annoying to look at all the times, but nonetheless, that only minimally takes away from the game as a whole. What the bodily features lack, are most definitely made up with splashing blood, quivering dead bodies, and those quite humorous blood tracks left over by the tires of your car when you "accidently" run over an unsuspecting jay-walker...

Potential

This game has it all. Fun, interactive story line, boat loads of missions to complete, a huge world to travel across and reap havok, as well as the challenging aspect all gamers enjoy. Of course, in the beginning the missions are easier, since you are just starting your journey to the top, but it definitely preps you properly for the more stringent tasks you face in the future.

Opinion

Initial aspects of most games usually come as a let down to me, but after just a few minutes of playing this game, I found myself with an ear-to-ear smile implanted across my face. This game has everything I could ask for in a game.

The replay value of this game is pretty high as well. It is extremely hard to achieve every little side mission, and just trying to decide who to take your next job from can be a tough decision to make.

Get this game now, or I will hunt you down and massacre you and all your loved ones. Trust me.

Gameplay: 9.5 out of 10
Sounds: 9 out of 10
Graphics: 8 out of 10
Potential: 9.5 out of 10
Opinion: 10 out of 10

Overall: 9.5 out of 10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-10, 09:44 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Games: GTA: Vice City"
I felt the exact same way when I first played it. Lasted a few weeks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-10, 10:36 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Games: GTA: Vice City"
Except it has Lance in it. Gotta lose points for that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2004-01-11, 05:05 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Games: GTA: Vice City"
Eh, I've played a few hours of the game, and while it was certainly cool, it wasn't anything world-shattering for me. I don't know, I just find myself more drawn to fantasy and sci-fi than crime stories.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-16, 11:47 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Games: GTA: Vice City"
I played GTA III but I want to play VC, I will get it some day! (after I get a cable connection, he he)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-01-28, 11:24 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I played GTA III but I want to play VC,..."
Vice City is much better than GTA3, in many ways.

The thing I like most about the series is anyone can pick up the controller, jack a car and drive over anyone they want without having to pay attention to gameplay.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-31, 02:46 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Vice City is much better than GTA3, in..."
Just wait tell you get the Apache helicopter, then you can have fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-01-31, 08:17 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Just wait tell you get the Apache..."
i got GTA III for ps2 but not VC , wish ym ps2 wad mod chipped
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-02-02, 07:04 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "i got GTA III for ps2 but not VC :( ,..."
100% is next to impossible if you don't use any internet guides though. I unfortunately had to resort to them, just so I can get all the Mayhem quests and Hidden Items. The only quests I haven't finished yet is the Sunshine Auto ones. But I already finished the game and got the credits, but now I'm going for self-gratification, and I'm going for 100%, non-legitly of course.

Still a great, run of the muck and kill everything game though!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-02-03, 10:55 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "100% is next to impossible if you don't..."
If you're talking about console GTA:VC then sure, it's fun and all. BUT!!!!!! PC Vice City is twice as fun seeing as you can add all the mods you want, 7-11's, Tupac memorials, etc... also there are many cars to choose from, a nice little site is www.gtagaming.com . I replaced the Apache with a Gundam
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez