Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2003-08-01, 06:52 PM
I pasted these from a site while wasting time, they're pretty funny.

"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!"
- Dan Quayle, on the concept of a manned mission to Mars

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
- Joe Theisman, quarterback and sports analyst

"Bruce Sutter has been around for awhile and he's pretty old. He's thirty-five years old. That will give you some idea of how old he is."
- Ron Fairley, Giants' broadcaster

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
- Danny Ozark, Phillies manager

"We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads."
- Vlade Divac, NBA basketball player

"Sometimes they write what I say and not what I mean."
- Basepall Player Pedro Guerrero on reporters

"If you let that sort of thing go on, your bread and butter will be cut right out from under your feet."
- Ernest Bevin, British foreign minister

"Wait a minute! I'm not interested in the agriculture. I want the military stuff."
- Senator William Scott (R-Va.) during a Pentagon briefing.

"I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents."
- George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
- Brooke Shields

"This planet is our home. If we destroy the planet, we've destroyed our home, so it is fundamentally important."
- H. Ross Perot

I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding."
- French ambassador to New Zealand Jacques le Blanc, regarding press coverage of France's nuclear weapons tests in the Pacific

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version."
- Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally."
- Soviet infantry manual, issued in the 1930's

"All you have to do is go down to the bottom of your swimming pool and hold your breath."
- David Miller, US DOE spokesperson, on protecting yourself from nuclear radiation

"My fellow Americans. I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."
- President Reagan, before a scheduled radio broadcast, unaware that the microphone was already on

"The private enterprise system indicates that some people have higher incomes than others."
- Gerry Brown, California governor

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
- Keppel Enderbery

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been."
- President Gerald Ford

The Internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Senator Bob Dole

"How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?"
- (on Y2K) Al Gore

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."
- John Wayne

"When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale."
- Bill Clinton

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
- Bill Clinton, January 26, 1998

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
- Dan Quayle

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you."
- Rita Mae Brown

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet"
- Al Gore

"Computers in the future may have only 1, 000 vacuum tubes and perhaps only weigh 1 1/2 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

"Get your feet off my desk, get out of here, you stink, and we're not going to buy your product."
- Joe Keenan, President of Atari, responding to Steve Jobs' offer to sell him rights to the new personal compuer he and Steve Wozniak had developed. 1976

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson (President of Digital Equipment Corporation), Convention of the World Future Society in Boston, 1977

"640k ought to be enough for anybody."
- Bill Gates

"Wherever I have gone in this country, I have found Americans."
- Alf Landon, in a campaign speech while running against FDR

"You can't just let nature run wild."
- Wally Hickel, former governor of Alaska

"I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes."
- Richard Nixon

"We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty equally."
- Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people."
- Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC instructor

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate."
- Marion Barry, mayor of Washington, D.C.

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again."
-Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D, California)

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."
- Dan Quayle

"We'd like to avoid problems, because when we have problems, we can have troubles."
- Governor Wesley Bolin

"The streets are safe in Philadelphia, it's only the people who make them unsafe."
- Frank Rizzo, Mayor, Philadelphia

"The loss of life will be irreplaceable."
- Dan Quayle

"It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
- Dan Quayle

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."
- Dan Quayle

"(I want to) make sure everybody who has a job wants a job."
- George Bush, during his 1st campaign for the presidency

"How can a guy this politically immature seriously expect to be president?"
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Jr., assessing John F. Kennedy's chances in the 1960 election, 1959

"Now that the president has admitted wrongdoing, he should resign."
- Bill Clinton, referring to Nixon's impeachment in 1974, as quoted in The Arkansas Democrat, August 6, 1974

"This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!"
-Dan Quayle

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
- Dan Quayle

"Most of my cliches aren't original."
- Chuck Knox, NFL football coach

I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
- Dan Quayle

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
- Dan Quayle
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-08-01, 07:40 PM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Wow... interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-01, 08:10 PM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Ta-da!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-01, 08:13 PM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
you wouldnt get htem because you guys arent smart. Get smart. Join the Navy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-08-01, 08:14 PM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
lmao, navy, I laugh at j00!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-01, 08:17 PM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Be all you can be!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-01, 08:20 PM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
hmm..ur right..navy = gay. i'l just join the GSOA

for those of you hwo dont know, the GSOA (Girl Scouts of America) was a formal rebelious group who wanted justice against people who dislike buying cookies and to ppl who despise little 9 year old girls with little green dresses be careful when u see any. there might be some hidden explose in one of they're cookie boxes

Last edited by kaos; 2003-08-01 at 10:05 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-08-02, 12:13 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
0mg... I just bought some *looks suspiciously at the box on the dinner table*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-02, 12:49 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
I hope you die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-02, 12:58 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Thats nice. I hope you would stop thinking about me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-02, 12:59 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
I can't help it, your stupidity overwhelms me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:01 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Oh nice... lets throw random insults at eachother now... uh... you're gay!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:02 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
bE ALL YOU CAN BE is army slogan

navy slogan is "accelerate your life"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:05 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
LMAO, accelerate your life...That should be the Airforce. Or maybe the slogan for recruters for the Meth labs in Taiwan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:05 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Whats airforce? And marines(or do marines have same as army?)?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:12 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
I think marines are the same as the army. Don't know about the airforce. Probably Aim High or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:13 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
It would make more sense if the marines were the same as navy since they're pretty much the same thing. Marines hate Army in every way, they think they're a bunch of pussys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:19 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Who cares, they're all a bunch of brainwashed fools, Who do whatever they are told, and usually it includes killing innocents.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-02, 03:29 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
Dan Quayle is the stupidest person alive today!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-08-02, 03:42 AM in reply to kaos's post ":::::::Funny and Dumb quotes::::::::"
omfg kaneda, in the flame forum you're saying that anyone that is poor should die... now your saying that "Oh the soldiers kill all those poor innocent people". Do me a favor and stfu.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez