Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

My New Sorc Build
Posted 2003-11-05, 08:46 PM
Ok I started ladder playing with a sorc. I modeled her after my old mf sorc. She was max FW/FO/TS w/ 10 in each mastery. She was great with normal mfing and using the moat trick. i got her up to 67 on ladder and shes cannot do any damage in hell. Seriously it's pitiful. Well I am going to remake her and was wondering what an efficient 1.10 mf ladder build would be.
Some builds I was considering are the following.
20 Fireball
20 Fire Bolt
15 Fire MAstery

15 Lightning
20 CL
20 LM

OR

20 fire bolt
20 fire ball
20 meteor
1 fire mastery(or should I do more?)
1 firewall
1 blaze
1 inferno
1 warmth
1 telekenesis
1 teleport
1 energy shield
1 static
1 icebolt
1 iceblast
10 glacial spike
chilling armour, frozen armour, etc. 1 in each. (Do I need these three?)
1 cold mastery

heres another:
1firebolt
20fireball
20meteor
20fm
1warmth
all the prerequisites

1static field
1energy shield
all the prerequisites

20FO
10CM
all the prerequisites

I think that the meteor will benifit more from the maxed mastery than the bolt. This build will allow me to slow down mobs and meteor them at the same time. Any Suggestions at all???? Questions?? hello? someone? anyone?? Bueler?

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.

Last edited by zeal311; 2003-11-06 at 12:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-11-06, 08:18 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
BUMP

Comment....or die.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-11-07, 12:07 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Well for slowing down monster you dont need to waste skill points you can always use act 2 nightmare merc (holy freeze).

Other then that i would need to know what are you planning to use the sorc for. Meph/Pindle, Cow or what ?

From what i heard and seen cold mastery doesnt work(bugged). At least on monster.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-07, 07:31 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Try this, it works for my bud:
20 cold mast
20 orb
20 fw
20 fm

Simple as that, points wherever else you need them (static, teleport)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-07, 08:27 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
firewall sucks now from waht i have seen. frozen orb is not as effective as it was in 1.09.
Whats your sorc build plan kuja? All fire? Hmm I want to do baal runs/meph runs most likely and casual mfing is fun too no tot mention I heard that mf doesnt work with bosses any more and its better to mf unique monsters.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2003-11-07, 08:36 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Eric I think that's what I'm gonna try. I was going to go FO/Nova/TS/CM/LM but that only worked good with +15 skills from items in .09

I'll let you know how im doin when I get to hell.

Oh, where do you guys do ur MF runs? I know MF has been disabled for bosses, but Bliz also upped the %chance to drop better items for them (and just about every other monster).
need a lod cdkey
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eellis2132

Posted 2003-11-07, 08:41 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Well yeah im going all fire Max Fire Bolt, Fire Ball, Meteor, Fire Mastery. 1 point in teleport rest will probably go in static.

If you want to be able to kill mostly anything i would suggest you a sorc based on Blizzard and Chain lightning and holy freeze merc. Use synergy to boost the dmg, max lightning mastery and only 1 in cold mastery.

Note : While most would say use frozen orb i find the damage being now way to innefective in hell to be worth it. I never tried to make a Blizzard/Chain lightning sorc but if i wanted to make a sorc to be able to kill mostly anything this is what i would do since there is rarely a monster that seem tol be imune to both cold and lightning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-07, 08:49 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Fw sucks? where do you see that? Have you duel a FW sorc yet? I bet they own you, and bad. They just need to see you, then cast a FW on you. Bam you dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-11-07, 09:03 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
true true
It is all about the GAME
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkMoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkMoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkMoon

Posted 2003-11-07, 12:30 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
yeah maybe for pvp they are ok but for pvm they suck
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-11-07, 12:45 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Firewall sorcs suck gigantic cock at pvp. That is a given. If anyone argues otherwise i am sorry but your an idiot. Now pvm on the other hand its a decent spell. Itleast it was in 09. I dont like it any more in 1.10

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zeal311

Posted 2003-11-07, 02:59 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Firewall sorc are useless in pvp as everyone would be moving arround and by time firewall would deal dmg any none noob would be gone.
A zon/necro they could shoot/cast during time sorc wait to cast firewall again.
Any melee would just rune to the sorc and attack since no melee in duel are slow the firewall wouldnt be even close to be something usefull.

Firewall is useless in pvm cause it is hard to control, Inneficient against crowd unlike meteor. Meteor can also do much more dmg. I still have to put 8~ points in fire mastery and my meteor lvl 26 is already 10k-11k dmg.

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-07 at 03:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-07, 04:22 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
FW Useless?

If your fast, what about a barb doing ww, or fw where your about to TP so a DF'ing assasin will get owned... you guys obviously dont PvP much, FW is a viable pvp skill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-07, 05:04 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
ww barb are close to inexistant in 1.10 and any good barb never do long ww. They ww on a very short range. Firewall where your about to teleport is kinda weak too since while your casting before you teleport you will have chance to get hit making you die or go in recovery and sorc have high chance to die after going in recovery mostly since block rate has been toned down. If not it will just be casted so soon that it will give your enemy the exact place he has to avoid making it viable to survive and useless to kill. But even there i ran throught firewall and didnt die. A sorc that get hit is most time dead in the following second if not right away.

Last edited by Kuja; 2003-11-07 at 05:12 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-07, 06:42 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
WW, you WW for atleast 1 second, would you say?

40~ ping + quick reflexes = FW owns WW barbs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-11-07, 06:55 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Yes WW for at least 1 sec i would even make it 2-3 sec.
But the thing is he wont be starting to ww unless hes almost sure it s gonna hit and if he doesnt you firewall right away ? If your lucky you will burn him a little but it wont kill him and hes gonna be so close that it wont be long you will be down. So you teleport and firewall ? By the time your done casting the chance to deal damage to the barb is over he is already back on your tail. I also see many barb use Teleport amulet and that would render hiding behind firewall quite useless. Now with the new rune word there not even need of a tele amulet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-07, 10:48 PM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Hmm for a sorc this is what i would do
10 glacial spike (for dmg and complete freeze)
max orb
10 cold mastery

max firewall or meteor
about 10 in warmth

-rest of points in masterys
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2003-11-08, 12:09 AM in reply to zeal311's post "My New Sorc Build"
Well, tele ammy would be cheating in most legit duels... but, a good sorc, never loses to a barb, fw, is a viable skill in PVP, not necessarily against barbs, but amas, and FoH pallies..

TP , orb, fw, so they cannot stand still, i.e. ama/foh pallies/necro casting BS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`