Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Up The Irons
Posted 2004-07-26, 06:03 AM
Well, it's been a while since I've done one of these, but I suppose that's more than enough reason for me to go ahead with it.

Alright, puke-stacks, this is your fucking wake-up call! Here is a comprehensive list of all of the badass metal and hard rock that you guys should be killing babies to but probably aren't.

Looking for something to bludgeon your grandmother to death by? Try a few of these.

Arch Enemy - "We Will Rise", "Leader Of The Rats" or "Dead Eyes See No Future"
DevilDriver - "I Could Care Less", "I Dreamed I Died" or "Cry For Me Sky"
The Haunted - "Bury Your Dead" or "Trespass"
Bleeding Through - "Love Lost In A Hail Of Gunfire" or "Revenge I Seek"

Maybe something with a more liberal mix of harmony and violence? Here ya go.

Killswitch Engage - "When Darkness Falls", "Rose Of Sharyn" or "The End Of Heartache"
Demon Hunter - "Infected", "Through The Black" or "A Broken Upper Hand"
Into Eternity - "Splintered Visions", "Spiraling Into Depression" or "Buried In Oblivion"
Opeth - "The Leper Affinity" or "The Drapery Falls"

Want more melody in your metal? How about a few of these?

Devin Townsend - "Earth Day", "Stagnant", "Storm" or "Slow Me Down"
Primal Fear - "Mind Machine", "Black Sun" or "Armageddon"
Ocean Machine - "Seventh Wave", "Life" (< HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) or "Hide Nowhere"

And finally, this one is for all of you who are feeling uber adventurous today. The following recommendation is a single, 70-minute track of sheer horror.

Fantomas - Delirium Cordia

That single track is the hands-down most terrifying thing I've ever heard. The scariest, most unsettling musical arrangement ever concieved. Listen to it at night, alone, better yet, in your car and try not to piss yourself. If you're truly up for it, I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

And that about does it for this most recent installment of metal madness. If I happen to remember any new additions that I accidentally left out, I'll be sure to add them. Be reminded, this is only a list of the most recent stuff I've picked up. If you're interested in further recommendations, I've got an entire vault of vicious metal for you to take a bite out of. Just say the word.

As always, this is your good friend Raziel, saying "Horns Up, Motherfuckers!"

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-07-26 at 06:09 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-07-26, 06:36 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Up The Irons"
Fantomas - Delirium Cordia

Can this be found in the kazaa network?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-07-26, 06:54 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "Fantomas - Delirium Cordia Can this..."
I'm not sure. Fantomas is actually a fairly well-known band, considering it's the brainchild of Mike Patton, former frontman for Faith No More. Considering that, I would assume that you could find it on Kazaa, but I would expect the file size to be pretty damned big.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-07-26, 10:37 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I'm not sure. Fantomas is actually a..."
Come to Minnesota, I'll buy your CD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-07-26, 10:33 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Come to Minnesota, I'll buy your CD."
Um, I'm not actually promoting my band's CD, HoH. I'm giving you guys the heads up on a ton of other bands that you guys should check out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-07-26, 10:40 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Um, I'm not actually promoting my..."
I'm checking out Fantomas, I'll let you know what I think about it as soon as the downlaod finishes and I can fire this sucker up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-07-26, 11:35 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "I'm checking out Fantomas, I'll let you..."
Isn't your band named WhiteCastle or some shit?

Ocean Machine "Life"

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-07-26, 11:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Isn't your band named WhiteCastle or..."
I believe you're looking for "Wintermask".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-07-26, 11:51 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "I believe you're looking for..."
Damn, D3V, that was one of the lamest attempts at humor I've seen you dry-heave onto this forum in quite some time. Try again when your wit grows in, poozer.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-07-26 at 11:53 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-07-27, 12:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Damn, D3V, that was one of the lamest..."
Ah geez, I forgot your Sig was an advertisement for your CDs and Band. Goofy me.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2004-07-27 at 12:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-07-27, 12:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah geez, I forgot your Sig was an..."
D3V said:
STupid ass d3v.
Enough said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-08-03, 07:06 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I'm not sure. Fantomas is actually a..."
Raziel said:
I'm not sure. Fantomas is actually a fairly well-known band, considering it's the brainchild of Mike Patton, former frontman for Faith No More. Considering that, I would assume that you could find it on Kazaa, but I would expect the file size to be pretty damned big.
Delirium Cordia isn't on the kazaa network. Could someone transfer it to me via Aim or some other way?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-03, 08:52 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "Delirium Cordia isn't on the kazaa..."
I could do it if I catch you online sometime, I still haven't had time to listen to it all the way through yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slim

Posted 2004-08-03, 02:01 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "I could do it if I catch you online..."
cool I'll message ya when I have free time and your online.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-05, 02:43 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "cool I'll message ya when I have free..."
Raziel, you're awesome for recommending Opeth. Sweet band.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-08-05, 11:27 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Raziel, you're awesome for recommending..."
Opeth fucking rocks. I still need to pick up their last two. The newest one I own is Blackwater Park, and that's a few years old.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-08-31, 01:06 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Opeth fucking rocks. I still need to..."
I just found a new way to fuck myself out of sleep.

I was listening to Delirium Cordia while trying to sleep and right at the part were the children start screaming For some reason I said in my head "Bloodymary" 9 times..... I can't sleep now damnit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-31, 02:14 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "I just found a new way to fuck myself..."
You were listening to Delirium Cordia and trying to sleep? I think you were setting out to deprive yourself of rest right from the get-go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-08-31, 01:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "You were listening to Delirium Cordia..."
I felll asleep while listening to it about 10 minutes after I posted the above post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-09-01, 11:17 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "I felll asleep while listening to it..."
I've heard plenty of those on Midnight Metal. All great, except a couple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1