Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Post USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide
Posted 2003-03-19, 07:16 PM
Only I can come up with something as crazy as a Melee PvP sorc...but oh well. This is something ive always wanted to do, but given that i quit d2, i'll probably never do it. So i'll share the knowledge with all of you. This could potentially be a pretty good PvP char, especially against Zons.

Equipment:

Weapon: Ith Beserker Axe
Helm: .08 Gaze socketed with Jagged Jewel of Shout
Armor: Bugged Valor, socketed with Cham
Shield: Stormshield, socketed with Eld rune. Eld rune gives 7% increased chance of blocking, and saves you a lot of points on dex)
Belt: Tal Rasha's Belt or Nightsmoke (you'll see...)
Gloves: Bloodfists, or nice Caster Gloves
Boots: Soul Spurs, War Travs, Gore Riders (.08 too)
Ammy: Highlords, or Armageddon Fletch
Rings: 2 Nice 11 LL crafted rings, you definetly do NOT want occy rings...Bk rings are nice here too

Inventory: 40 5% run charms.

You can wear a raven, and you'd have free space in your valor for another ED jewel or Ber rune. This might be a better combination....

Skills:

Energy Shield: 1
Static Field: 15-Max
Shiver Armor: 5-10
Thunderstorm: Max
Teleport: Max

Light Mastery: Max
Fire Mastery/Enchant: Optional, since fire damage sucks anyway, although an enchanted Ith zerker might look cool...

Stat Points placement:

Str: Enough to wear stuff, if you want for some extra ED pump more points here
Dex: Enough for 75% block
Vit: The rest here
Energy: Base

General Strategy: Obviously, this is a build you will want to rush, cuz a melee sorc probably wont be doing so well after nightmare. Once you can wear your high gear, thats when this sorc will truly shine.

Before fighting anything, prep up: cast shiver, TS, energy shield.

Energy shield is at a low level, and some of you may be thinking "Mantralord, youre stupid, you dont have enough mana to be using that thing". This is where your belt comes in. Especially in Nightsmoke Belt, the % Damage Taken Goes to Mana will pretty much absorb any mana loss you get from energy shield.

Maxing teleport is also obviously important. In PvP, you will be doing a lot of surprise attacks using teleport. Needless to say, you dont have much mana. However, luckily teleport drains down to very little mana requirement at high levels. Thats why you should max that...

In cows, while lvling up, you will want to use a merc, preferably a might or holy freeze merc. Static cows, them melee to death. TS will help out a bunch here...

PvP Strategy: Now the fun part, amusing everyone with your Melee sorc...

In all these situations, dont forget you have an inventory full of r/w charms...if youre out of mana, you can always run away with speed never seen in sorcs running...

Vs. Amazons: What you wanna do here is use guerilla warfare on those bitches. Surprise teleport, melee, teleport, repeat. TS should help out too...

Vs. Barbs: Heres the tough ones. Barbs tend to run fast, and you as a melee sorc, lack fast cast equipment to teleport at a safe speed away from them. What you can do here is surprise them while theyre not doing a WW and melee them. Let TS do some work too...these are probably the longest duels you can be in..

Vs. Druids: Just pretend its a barb without WW...use the same technique as with barbs.

Vs. Paladins: Same as druids, but watch out for their Fist of the Heavens.

Vs. Necros: A few TS's should take them down anyway...

Vs. Assassins: Yea, they fall into that category of Paladins/Druids. Except they can stun. Teleport should work well in this case.

Vs. Other Sorcs: Heres a tough one. On one hand you have a melee sorc, and the other a spell sorc outfitted with all the best caster equipment and +skills. Here is definetly where your melee skills will come in handy, as you'll be the only one of the two that can leech life. I recommend you either teleport and surprise them, or click lock them with your melee attack. Remember those 40 r/w charms? Right here.

Well, thats my half-assed guide to Melee Pvp Sorcs...its probably pretty incomplete, but you guys can use your imaginations and make it better. If any of you decide to make one of these someday, please let me know how it turns out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-03-20, 11:41 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
what would be some good equip for this on classic?

it sounds fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2003-03-20, 12:55 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
Hmm I doubt it would work well...
The Fpa for a Sorc is too slow.

17 Fpa standard attack with Base 0 speed.
35% ias ith zerker: 14 fpa
65% ias ith zerker: 12 fpa
95% ias ith zerker: 11 fpa.
Highlords = 20% ias
Bloodfist = 10% ias (I think)
125% ias = 11 fpa (still!)

IAS Frames per attack
0 % 17
8 % 16
15 % 15
26 % 14
39 % 13
58 % 12
86 % 11
138 % 10

It would be hard to catch a range attack with 11 fpa even with range 3.
But teleporting might help to lag the opponent a bit.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-20, 01:11 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
your mantralod, you obviously have no clue about stat replacement...

7% increase chance to block=15 stat points maximum.

30% lightning resist/20 hp/-15% requirement jewel

which is 33 stat points, AND roughly gives you the chance for 54 mana from charms (that is, using 11% lr from prefix on a sc=17 mana from prefix on a sc)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-03-20, 11:26 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
Then socket the shield with whatever else you like, simple as that. Ive never made a sorc for anything better than MF'ing, so this just comes from the depths of my mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-03-21, 12:19 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
I like the idea, but sadly I play on west and wouldn't test it.
Mainly because I use legit stuff.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-03-21 at 11:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-21, 12:10 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
so no ideas for a classic setup?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2003-03-21, 01:02 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
I'm not sure about the condition in Classic.
Are you refering to the "Help with Hackers" thread?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-25, 11:35 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "USEast Melee PvP Sorc Guide"
no amtter what you do it will NEVER be good
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KRØÑÏx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKRØÑÏx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KRØÑÏx