Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Video Card driver issues...
Posted 2003-12-03, 02:55 PM
I recently purchased a Inno3d Kyro II 4500 64meg AGP. Great card, looks nice, has the heatsink on it+fan, good stuff.

But when I pooped open my case, installed it, started up computer and went to install the software the son of a bitch won't install.

I'm starting to think that it may not be compatible with XP or something is up with my computer. What will happen is I have finally gotten around to going to some websites and downloading some of the necessary files for it to work and when I get to installing my vid card the monitor shuts off, comp is still on, but no video.

Now, I used to have ONboard PCI (ran through the memory, no actual card) What will I have to change in bios? I might change it to onboard agp,or pci, but its not pci.

I'm lost and I don't feel like messing with it anymore, any help?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-03, 02:58 PM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
Heh you pooped open the case?? Anyways, i think you should just call the manufacturer of the card and have them help you through it. Just my recommendation though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-04, 03:58 AM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
You bought a card other than Radeon/nVidia? You're going to have compatibility issues until you explode. Gaming wise I mean. So what won't install? The drivers? Or Windows won't recognize the card? And you say you have integrated graphics on your motherboard? Then yes, you would have to go into your BIOS and disable the onboard graphics... Why did you buy this card?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-04, 04:11 PM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
Well what will happen is when I install the drivers it'll get to the end of installing and the monitor will flicker off, and just stay off.

Alright well I've tried alot of shit so I think i'm gonna just call them up and tell them to send the appropiraty software. The CD that they sent me was filled with drivers for all sorts of bullshit that they sell. They didn't sell me the actual KYRO cd.

And actually, KYRO makes good video cards if you can get them to work.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-04, 06:11 PM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
You could've gotten something else for 36 bucks...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-06, 04:04 PM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
Well I hadn't bought a vid card before, so I wasn't too sure what to shop for, I just went out and bought one.

I called the company and they had me waiting for 34 minutes. (played tigerwoods golf in the meantime) and after all of the waiting they said they are not responsible for what happens after I open the box. So i'm pretty much dumbfounded.

If anyone wants to buy a video card for 20 bucks PM me!

I'm just gonna see it on ebay probably, It is a great card, my friend has the same one, but he's got win98 and it runs good on that, the CD i've got just doesn't have the right drivers, thx for the help though.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-07, 01:36 AM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
How do you know it's a great card, if you cant even get it to work? Your best bet was getting a Geforce4MX, thats around 50-70 bucks...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-12-07, 01:39 AM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
Or you coulda gone for the Radeon 9800 XT .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-07, 02:51 AM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
Eddie_Perez said:
How do you know it's a great card, if you cant even get it to work? Your best bet was getting a Geforce4MX, thats around 50-70 bucks...
If you are going to buy a GF4 MX 440 you might as well just buy a GF2 or a GF3 for less. MX cards are complete crap.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-12-07, 04:14 AM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
[QUOTE="D3V"]Well I hadn't bought a vid card before, so I wasn't too sure what to shop for, I just went out and bought one.

I called the company and they had me waiting for 34 minutes. (played tigerwoods golf in the meantime) and after all of the waiting they said they are not responsible for what happens after I open the box. So i'm pretty much dumbfounded.

If anyone wants to buy a video card for 20 bucks PM me!

I'm just gonna see it on ebay probably, It is a great card, my friend has the same one, but he's got win98 and it runs good on that, the CD i've got just doesn't have the right drivers, thx for the help though.
Quote:

[qoute=D3V]MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME ONE
MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME ONE, cuz I bought mine right after he got one cuz I put his in without any problems and then went and bought mine. It was only like 28 bucks.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-07, 06:18 AM in reply to D3V's post "Video Card driver issues..."
RoboticSilence said:
Eddie_Perez said:
If you are going to buy a GF4 MX 440 you might as well just buy a GF2 or a GF3 for less. MX cards are complete crap.
Submit your proof that they're crap, how you can seperate the crap in the crap section?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez