Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

CD to mp3?
Posted 2004-09-02, 06:34 PM
ok, im not quite sure how to do this, so i wanted to consult with someone smart before i did. how do you take songs from a CD and convert them to mp3's? and....Anyone got a converter that works that you could direct me to?

-thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-09-02, 06:36 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post "CD to mp3?"
What kind of format are the songs on cd's? .Wavs?

Try to find that out then go to a search engine and type (kind of format here) to .mp3 converter. Chances are you can find a lot of free ones, or ones with 10 day trials. You get the point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-02, 06:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What kind of format are the songs on..."
hmm when i go to My comp>explore, under Type it says "CD Audio" and each song is only 1 kb...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-09-02, 07:01 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post starting "hmm when i go to My comp>explore, under..."
The best CD Ripper I have ever used:

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/

You may need to get the lame mp3 codec. Do a google search for it if you need it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-09-02, 07:27 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post "CD to mp3?"
If you really want to simplify things, just open up Windows Media Player and hit "Copy From CD". It'll save to your "My Music" folder by default.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-02, 07:36 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "If you really want to simplify things,..."
Search Download.com for a CD Ripper, or use kockblocker's and BlueCube's sugestions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-09-02, 08:06 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "Search Download.com for a CD Ripper, or..."
Couldn't music match jukebox do something like that for you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-02, 10:05 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Couldn't music match jukebox do..."
i dunno, thanks for all the help/suggestions guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-09-03, 06:43 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "If you really want to simplify things,..."
Except that that only makes BS WMAs.
You can always do it the hard way like I did for years and open up sound recorder and your favorite CD player, record into sound recorder (start with a 6 minute blank file at PCM 44kHz 16bit), chop off the remainder of the file, convert to MPEG Layer3, and save.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-09-03, 12:56 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Except that that only makes BS WMAs...."
WetWired said:
Except that that only makes BS WMAs.

(I'm not the only one to upgrade to Windows Media Player 10, am I?)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-09-03, 12:57 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post "CD to mp3?"
You can also search for a program named CDex on google. It's a little old, but works great. It's also free.

Been using it (and updated versions) for years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-03, 01:34 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You can also search for a program named..."
Dont forget "FreeRip" which I use. Its pretty good.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide