Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

phantasy phootball
Posted 2008-08-25, 11:43 AM
What do you get out of winning the fantasy season? Is it just the benefit of knowing you picked better then the other guy?

Titus said that someone of you play in multiple leagues - do you win anything from those?

More or less asking because i dont know the 1st thing about fantasy football. I know you pick your team and then watch them throughout the season. Cox or DirectTv is offering to follow your drafted players so there has to be something big outta it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-25, 11:52 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "phantasy phootball"
Personally, I am a fanatic of football, thereforth any way I can feel more involved in the game, wether it being tailgaiting outside of the game, or playing fantasy football I'm definately going to do it. There is a big gain of of bragging rights as well if you can manage to throw together a good team.

Also, I have a pay league, and first place takes about $250, second gets about $150. So yes, there is something to get out of it. Why do you play video games? It's fun. It's really just as simple as that.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-25, 12:19 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Personally, I am a fanatic of football,..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Why do you play video games? It's fun. It's really just as simple as that.
Yea, i just never understood the fantasy football and its entirety.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:47 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Yea, i just never understood the..."
Our Zelaron league is literally simply for fun. There is no money involved, it's just a good time. It keeps you interest while watching all the games, and for big NFL fans, it's pretty much an addiction. My big money league is $300 a head, 10 teams, so the payout is close to $2000 for the winner (considering we also do $5 per transaction and $10 per trade). My other league is $100 a head, and my work league is $75 a head. So if I win all league (slim chance.....), I could bank a few grand easy. So aside from being a hell of a fun and competitive time during the entire length of the football season, there could be a nice little reward at the end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-08-26, 09:11 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Our Zelaron league is literally simply..."
I'm a fanatic...when it comes to hockey.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-26, 10:22 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I'm a fanatic...when it comes to hockey."
I guess apparently being a fan of something can get you mocked, but it's okay... We still have fun.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-26, 10:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I guess apparently being a fan of..."
KA is the one mocking you guys im not
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 11:44 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "KA is the one mocking you guys im not"
I'm not even mocking them. I saw a good chance to do some spamming and took it. I really didn't do it to mock them. I don't know why they're getting their panties in such a twist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-27, 04:09 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not even mocking them. I saw a..."
I found that phantasy football thread histerical.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-27, 08:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not even mocking them. I saw a..."
You should know my panties are always in a twist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-27, 11:41 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You should know my panties are always..."
Mine are laced.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Mine are laced."
Panties?

Commando.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-08-28, 01:57 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Panties? Commando."
Commando? I tuck it in.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V