View Single Post

Posted 2009-02-01, 11:42 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Damn it! I can't log into my Verizon..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
Damn it! I can't log into my Verizon Router... They wouldn't give me the password and what not...

Well my router that I want to set up as an Access Point is a Linksys WRT54G, and in the "wireless" tab, there is an option to set it as an Access Point, but it doesn't work as simple as that... but according to you, it would just need the MAC and SSID set up to be similar, and it should work right?

If you can't disable the WPA encryption in your Verizon router, it won't work. Call Verizon, or Google for a way to deactivate it. Or use the Internet Connection Sharing solution in my previous post.

Assuming that you manage to disable the encryption, you'll need to change your WRT54G router's firmware to Tomato to be able to get it to work in client mode. Do be warned that if you have a power outage (or power is otherwise lost) during the ~10 seconds that it takes to update its firmware, your router will most likely be rendered defunct for good.

Tomato Firmware can be found here: http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-02-01 at 11:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser