Thread: News Posters
View Single Post

Posted 2008-03-15, 12:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why not just let EVERYONE post news,..."
There seem to be one or two people who post more news than others, yes?

Over the past two months, the three who have posted far more news than anyone else are Adrena, Kagom and MJ.

If I were to decide, then I'd make those three News Posters... which would just mean they have a shiny new title. Big deal, right?

What if repsonsibilities come with that, though? Sort of a News Poster Mod position - people post news, and we usually just give a random title, a link, and along quote. News Posters could be left to then categorise the news (using tags as Chruser said - [WA] for World Affairs, [AM, State] for American, [TCH] for Technology, [ENT] for Entertainment news, etc). It could also fallt to them to be the main posters of news (as it was originally, I think). They obviously spend time finding news as it is, so what difference would it make if that was one of their responsibilities?

Summary:

- Flashy Title
- Categorise (edit thread titles, anything else?)
---

And a second idea that I just want to throw in the General pot, but also relates to the tag idea - how easy would it be to add new icons for posts? My thought is that, in conjunction with the tags, new icons can be made (I can do this if no-one else wants to) and added and then added to posts - WA, ENT, TCH, AM, etc. The tag letters in coloured squares like the Adobe CS3 icons, or in circles, or actual pictures relating to each category.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny