Thread: Computer fools
View Single Post

Unhappy Computer fools
Posted 2004-07-28, 06:06 AM
Oh boy, I have to admin for 3 exams, 3 days this week. The first two are just typing and proofreading, nothing special. It's the third, a Windows exam, that is driving me crazy. This is in addition to assisting in night classes for Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Windows XP (which is on a break at this point).

----

Problems I've run into:

1) When I tell you to double click, I mean to click twice. It shouldn't be too much of an issue to figure that out, especially after I explained it to you twice before. But wait, this one requires a TRIPLE CLICK. Guess how many times you have to click on this one? No, not twice. Yes, with the left button. No, your other left. There you go, it's taken you a full minute to highlight that sentence.

2) When I say to go into the OPAC folder, I don't mean to attempt to open the Program Files folder. Do they even sound the same? You couldn't even open that folder correctly, so you actually failed at failing, that's great.

3) While everyone was on My Computer already: Floppy drive icon. Yes, the one that says "Floppy" by it, and has a floppy disk icon. No, that's a left click, try again. You click with the right button, as I've explained.

4) "Where do I go to open File New?"

5) You're actually asking me what the "up" button does? It moves up. You're welcome.

-----

I think I'll post more later..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube