View Single Post

Posted 2005-03-12, 05:20 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm a gonna do mine in pounds..."
I've got no fucking clue. I have a videogame collection that I've sunk nearly 10,000 dollars into, however, most of that stuff has decreased in value since I purchased it originally. I have a car that is worth $2,500 bluebook, but the alternator, transmission and heater are dead, rendering the vehicle useless. I have a mishmash of various electronics: several gaming consoles, one shitty TV, one low-grade surround sound system, one now-obsolete laptop, one relatively high-quality Yamaha PA system, one very high-grade Shure wireless microphone, one fairly high-quality camcorder and various other knicknacks and doodads. I have a selection of clothes that range from old t-shirts (I refuse to use the term "vintage") to army-navy surplus stuff to random crap I've recieved from friends and relatives at holidays. I own a pair of steel-toe boots that I've been wearing regularly since I was 17 (that's five and a half years ago, kiddies) and I don't intend to stop wearing them until they literally disintegrate on my feet. I've got a half-complete comic collection consisting mainly of the last ten years of Green Lantern monthlies. I have about $5,000 in the bank, no debt, no investments and I don't gamble or spend any money on booze, tobacco or drugs.

So, in my rough estimate, I'm worth about eleventy-billion dollars. That extra padding all comes from the fact that I am, in reality, the living avatar of the notion of "awesome", which adds a little surplus value onto the overall package.

There ya go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel