View Single Post

Posted 2007-05-21, 05:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "STory I read said that the Immortals..."
Sovereign said:
STory I read said that the Immortals are just upgraded Dragoons.
I'll warn of a spoiler if someone wanted to actually find this out via the game when it comes out, but this comes directly off the Starcraft 2 website.

Starcraft said:
Before the loss of Aiur, veteran protoss warriors who had been crippled in battle could volunteer to continue their service by being transplanted into dragoon exoskeletons. Now, the dragoons of the past are all but gone. The sacred shrine that was dedicated to the creation of the dragoons was infested by the zerg and lost along with the protoss homeworld itself.

The remaining dragoons have become the Immortals, refitted with twin phase disruptors and hardened energy shields that can shrug off the most powerful weapon strikes - though at the cost of leaving them more vulnerable to the pinprick attacks of lesser foes. The heavily armed and shielded immortals give critical fire support to the ferocious legions of zealots by eliminating enemy artillery and ranged attackers, allowing the zealots to close in and complete their work of destruction.

http://starcraft2.com/features/proto...l?tab=immortal

At any rate, looks like it's kinda both what Sov and I said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker