View Single Post

Posted 2015-03-05, 01:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Do moral facts exist or is it all..."
I don't have much time to respond but here's a quick paste of a convo I was having with someone about how everything is relative..

Quote:
Truth is completely relative [see:variable] therefore making existence pointless
I've come to a revelation that the only reason anything [cognitively/morally] exists is because it has an opposite.
And its subjectively opposite, which makes it [truth] completely relative
There is nothing absolute about truth
If you believe it, it is truth to you. If someone else thinks different, they believe it as truth and consider you 'wrong' while at the same time, you consider them 'wrong'
But since you both believe you're both right, you are both right but also both wrong. It all depends on the context because the truth in one context is wrong in another.
Truth shouldn't be "variable"
And since it is, that makes my entire existence pointless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-