View Single Post

Posted 2009-06-08, 06:29 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Try installing another OS on it, such..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Try installing another OS on it, such as Ubuntu, that pretty much houses drivers for everything. Most network adapters don't generally come with a lot of trouble-shooting tools since they're fairly inexpensive.
Well, I just formatted the computer and put an old windows xp cd on it. Would i need to format it again and put ubuntu on it? Or just like make a live cd?
Your saying sort-of dual-booting ubuntu and windows xp? If so, how do i make the cd that can be installed on windows or whatever you said. I"ve tried making an ubuntu cd before many times, but they usually come with errors and whatnot? Like, the cd comes out bad because its such a big file.

In Terms of the drivers, thats probably it, i installed them once i belive, but it might have been taken out when i was playing around with them. I'm checking now to see if it has sound. If not, then the drivers are out.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn