View Single Post

Posted 2007-02-12, 10:15 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "I do understand that matter cannot be..."
Draco said:
I do understand that matter cannot be created or destroyed, I am just stating that the black hole or star would have caused a state change...
That's irrelevant to the theory of evolution. And to the big bang theory as well, for that matter.

Quote:
also the Cosmic Background Explorer just detects microwaves from the galaxy, and like light microwaves spread out like a wave in the water, over a great distance the microwaves could have come from any where....who could positively say that the waves are not comming from a nearby or distant source?
Because the spectrum of the cosmic background radiation is very close to that of a blackbody. In fact, the spectrum picked up by COBE was much closer to that of a blackbody than anything we can produce in a lab. The only reasonable explanation for this is that it comes from a time when the universe was much hotter and denser than its current state. That, coupled with the fact that the deviations on the experimental values collected from COBE differ so slightly from theoretical values that they aren't even plotted on the graphs strongly implies that the big bang theory is valid.

Quote:
Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....
There are probably millions of planets. Some, surely, must have comprable conditions to those of earth. Furthermore, live has also adapted to the conditions presented to us. It does not need to be perfectly fine-tuned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes