View Single Post

Posted 2009-07-05, 03:26 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Gaikai - Video Demo"
It looks interesting - I've signed up. But I don't expect anything for a long time.

Still, my thoughts about it are the same as OnLive - until I've experienced it first-hand, I'm sceptical that there'll be no lag, that the quality will be good, and that it'll be real-time (as in my key presses will affect the game instantly - I don't want to be killed because the server took a few moments to register that I'd done something). Yeah, the video looks good, but in this day of canning footage, a first-hand experience is always the most telling.

One of my biggest interests in Computing is the Cloud, and I'm always interested to see something that makes good use of it.

One question, which my quick skim of the post didn't answer, is fees and all that - OnLive has a number of developers behind them which obviously means they've got games. Is GaiKai doing it legally (not that it's stopped any of us before, mind)?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny