View Single Post

Posted 2006-03-05, 03:09 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Ehh, that's a lot of talk. What happens..."
mjordan2nd said:
Ehh, that's a lot of talk. What happens is that you have a slight, subconscious feeling that someone might be looking at you. This probably happens a lot more than you would expect, it's just that you're going to remember it when you find out that some actually is looking at you.
i was looking for anything that would be like the feeling that she got, i wasn't trying to say that it was a direct similiarity, ok?
anyway, you're avoiding the question, what do you think about the experiment she did, not the feeling she got or didn't get?

mjordan2nd said:
Well, that's the difference between mechanical and electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic waves are created by the vibration of an electric charge.
that's what my teacher said as well, but i'm asking even beyond that, why is it able to not need a medium, and don't say that it just does, cause that's not what i want to hear. i heard that it's a rip in time/space, but i don't know.

-----------------

Willkillforfood said:
In the human brain we actually have tiny bar magnets or load stones in our cells as do many creatures that supposedly use it to navigate. From whales to bacteria it can be found (and some hypothesis the straight load stones found in some bacteria lead to the first back bones.) Yea, there are bacteria that use magnets to migrate too :P.
really? that's cool, where did you find out about that?

Willkillforfood said:
Anyways, the tai chi thing seems very different from your sister's experiment. They were in different buildings sometimes hundreds of feet apart and the apprentice would react when the master did his little DBZ shooty thingy with his hands :P (looked like it :P.) There may be some sort of coincidence but even if it happens 80-90% of the time I'd say there's something to it (just as long as they didn't you know, time the reactions for every minute or some shit like that :P.)
but it still has to do with sensing invisible fields, right? so it does have something to do w/ it, right? also, is there a video on the internet that i can watch that shows that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid