View Single Post

Posted 2008-10-05, 05:19 PM in reply to FatIonSurged's post starting "To talk about something going around..."
I'm sorry, but I "PHAIL" to see what your post is pointing out. It didn't prove me wrong in any sense.
Take a look at this...
This is the perfect example. You can clearly see the disk spinning and the cannon balls are flying straight. BUT! When you move to the disk's perspective, you see that the cannon balls are curving, for what seems to be an unknown reason, because you percieve the disk as stationary. Just the same as for many years, people believed that the sun rotated around Earth.

I said:
So, it is perceived as the sun revolving around Earth.
And as such it is!

Perception is a major part in how we think. Someone who is colorblind may perceive the sky as orange, when others perceive it as blue.

I also said:
In which case, someone's perceptions aren't wrong, just ill-informed.
Those perceptions are based on a lack of knowledge. But I guarantee when you learned in school that Earth rotated around the sun you were bewildered. Because it is obvious that it is the other way around.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003