View Single Post

Posted 2009-06-16, 09:20 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Somewhat off-topic: Have you tried the..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Somewhat off-topic: Have you tried the latest version of Ubuntu? As I mentioned in another thread, it supposedly has excellent, native support for 32-bit Windows applications now. I've heard from a number of sources that Wine is useless in comparison. I haven't tried the former myself though. Setting up Debian on my Q6600 system was sufficiently annoying since my HD4870 was not supported by default by Debian-based systems. As a consequence, I'll probably wait for a while until giving Ubuntu another run for its money.

I have not tried the latest Ubuntu version yet, sill on 8.04. I have honestly did not hear anything about it that. I'll check it out later though.

------
As for the PhysX thing, I don't think you understood me SYG.

The game Mirrors Edge for the PC will keep slowing down until it is unplayable if you don't have a video card with PhysX on it. In order to use the PhysX card in conjunction with your 3xxx or 4xxx Radeon HD series video card, you need Windows XP 32-bit because it will allow you to install the drivers from the PhysX card and the ATI card together. If you try it on the 64-bit version it will BSOD you. What I was saying was stupid is that you have to pay money for a video card to play the game because of the PhysX crap. I have a PhysX card with mine right now, and I'm not stupid. So be careful, it's the developers of the game who were stupid in their decisions.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy