Thread: Organ Donation
View Single Post

Posted 2010-11-16, 06:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "At the very least, I should be able to..."
Ya America is disgustingly selfish. I read something before I was discharged from the Army about how in most other countries the citizens seem to have a collective responsibility - or at least they act as such. That is to say, if someone needs help, even a stranger, there is more likely a chance they would find it there rather than here in America. Not sure what it is or why, but the mentality is "not my problem." For any of you in the military you know this isn't the mentality so it took a bit of adjusting to get used to it again.

For the record I am an organ donor. And quite honestly, what you're saying about the life expectancy of a donor vs a non-donor seems like you trying to rationalize your selfishness. You act as if every doctor carries a .45 and muffled gunshots can be heard coming from every hospital across the nation as the number of donors increases. Really I would have to read an authoritative source concerning the statistics you're talking about to even begin to care. An article from www.tittybang.com does not constitute an "authoritative source."

And so what if the plug gets pulled quicker if you're a donor? You want to live forever? If you're going to die anyways, and someone else could live from your organs, are you really so selfish as to say you want 3 more days to cheat them out of 60 more years? Maybe next time you imagine a "stranger" needing your organs it would be easier to stave your selfishness if you instead imagine someone in your family - a niece or nephew, mom or dad, brother or sister - that needs an organ and some asshole like yourself thinks he needs 3 more days as a vegetable before he passes away.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM