Thread: Organ Donation
View Single Post

Posted 2010-11-16, 01:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Organ Donation"
First off, I am not an organ donor. Not that I disagree with it, but that I never check the box, or un-check it? Maybe I am. I have no clue now. But I do agree, they're faster to pull the plug if they notice you're an organ donor given that the preservation time of organ life is fairly short, and once the plug is pulled the clock ticks faster.

Anyways, I am in favor of organ donation. Obviously it is a great tool that thousands if not millions of people benefit from other's losses every year and it is a sytem that is very valuable to the furthering of human evolution yada, yada, yada.

Your solution would work, but that would violate our freedoms. There really isn't a way to effectively fix this problem, or it would've been implemented already. The flaw is the system itself in that it enables doctors to somewhat exploit it and skews their judgement.

Quote:
However, I'm of the opinion that if you are not an organ donor, you should not be eligible to receive organ transplants.
I disagree. There are some people out there that would agree with you, but I personally wouldn't care where my organs went to an opt-in or not. Your idea does make the situation better as a whole, but situations where people need life-saving organ transplants don't normally have time for long-drawn debates. I think the system is setup fairly decently now, and i'm sure the amount of people that are organ donors now is fairily high.

On a side note, i'm all about cyrogenically freezing myself, so I want to keep all of my gizzards.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V