View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-08, 02:02 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Why not just take the hard drive out of..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Why not just take the hard drive out of the old PC and plug it into the new one, transfer your files across, then put the hard drive back in the old PC.

Either that or stick with USB - it'll still be faster than hundreds of trips with a floppy disc.
Wow, I could do that. Dang, my head has been completely out of it. Shoot, I'm gonna do that. Of couse, setting up the other HDD as a slave. About the USB, I don't have any USB 1.0 sticks. They don't work with USB 2.0 Mini Drives.

Win 9x support FAT32 don't they? I could just use my external drive. Then again, it's a USB 2.0 cable. I'll just stick to the idea of moving the hard drive.

How much are you thinking of spending on this PC? If it was $300, then I could understand not spending an extra, say, $50 on a decent set of 5.1 speakers, but if it's $2500, then what difference is $50?
This PCs final price is around $2,800.

At that price as well, it might be worth spending a bit more and going for a motherboard that supports DDR3 RAM. If it is crazy speed you're looking for, then Xeon may still be the way to go, though (2x Core 2 Quad processors each at 3.2ghz is nothing to be sniffed at, nor is it if coupled with 32gb of RAM, assuming you can find 8gb modules)
I really like the MSI motherboards is all. I haven't seen any MSI motherboards that support DDR3. I like ASUS and MSI, if you find one by ASUS, I'll be interested.

Out of interest, which make of RAM are you thinking of?
Huh? Do you mean the company? I'm a little confused by your question.

And what are you thinking about in terms of general cooling?
I'm putting three strong back fans, 4 left-side and 4 right-side fans. All-in-all, 11-fans plus the CPU fan is 12-fans. I hope to keep the system around 30C at the max. I, at one point, wanted to use liquid cooling. However, the idea of water being right next to an object that doesn't agree with water, just doesn't make sense. I've also never setup liquid cooling, so it sounds a little dangerous.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy