View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-07, 05:33 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I know that now. I wasn't exactly..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
I have to transfer files from a computer that only has USB1.0 ports. So, my only method was to use Floppy.

Why not just take the hard drive out of the old PC and plug it into the new one, transfer your files across, then put the hard drive back in the old PC.

Either that or stick with USB - it'll still be faster than hundreds of trips with a floppy disc.

---

How much are you thinking of spending on this PC? If it was $300, then I could understand not spending an extra, say, $50 on a decent set of 5.1 speakers, but if it's $2500, then what difference is $50?

At that price as well, it might be worth spending a bit more and going for a motherboard that supports DDR3 RAM. If it is crazy speed you're looking for, then Xeon may still be the way to go, though (2x Core 2 Quad processors each at 3.2ghz is nothing to be sniffed at, nor is it if coupled with 32gb of RAM, assuming you can find 8gb modules)

Out of interest, which make of RAM are you thinking of?

And what are you thinking about in terms of general cooling?

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-09-07 at 05:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny