View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-10, 09:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I can't remember who it was, but some..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I can't remember who it was, but some professor calculated how long it would take for a microscopic black hole to grow large enough to devour the earth, and it was something like 50 months, which creepily ended up meaning that if a microscopic black hole was created by the Large Hadron Collider when it goes live, the black hole would be large enough to devour the earth sometime in December 2012. Wish I could remember who it was.

Anyway, yeah, Hawking radiation would mean that the microscopic black hole would end up just dissipating, but Hawking radiation has never been experimentally demonstrated. As awesome as Stephen Hawking is, he's been wrong before, and he could be wrong about Hawking radiation.

Dr. Otto E. Rössler. Refer to my earlier post: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....798#post640798
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser