View Single Post

Posted 2010-05-31, 03:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Iuno... I downloaded it. I imagine so...."
Skurai said: [Goto]
FMA: Brotherhood
I might be mistaken, but is this on Adultswim? I saw an episode a few weeks ago (maybe just last week) that had an unfamiliar story and opening, so I thought it might be fairly new. Otherwise, my bad. I still need to finish FMA, now that I think about it...
Lenny said: [Goto]
Iuno... I downloaded it. I imagine so.
FMA Brotherhood is fully based on the manga which is ending at chapter 108 next month as well as the show itself ending in a few episodes.

You definitely need to finish the original series - it's very good (even with a slightly rushed ending).
The original series in comparison to brotherhood isn't even a match. Brotherhood wins hands down.

-----------------

My to-watch list is now: Code Geass, Ruroni Kenshin, Texhnolyze, Ghost in the Shell, Serial Experiments: Lain, Kaiji, FMA: Brotherhood, Bleach and Last Exile.
Gode Geass - Awesome show
Ruroni Kenshin - Awesome Show
Texhnolyze - Never heard of it
Ghost in the Shell - Awesome Show
Serial Experiements: Lain - Awesome Show
Kaiji: Never heard of it
FMA: Brotherhood - Awesome Show
Bleach - Good story turned bullshit Dragon Ball Z-style power leveling show
Last Exile - Haven't watched

You got'cha yourself some pretty good ones.

Here's some suggestions, if you hadn't all ready watched them. I don't mean to scare you off. It's just meant as a little list of shows I've noted as being better than the usual. That you may want to take the time to look into.

Good shows
NameNotes
BerserkManga is still ongoing since 1990
Elfen Lied 
SlayersAny of the shows. This show is a must have comedy. They even came back and made 2 more shows in '08/'09.
Big O & Big O 2Just pure win
Eureka SevenWeird ass ending though
Witch Hunter RobinI cried...
Clannad ~After Story~Though you'll NEED to watch Clannad to know the characters. The first season was not that good. This story, though, simply amazed me. I cried...and so did these two other people, I know, who I bothered to watch the entire show over again with.
Hellsing & Hellsing Ultimate 
FLCL/Furi Kuri/Fooly CoolyI couldn't leave this off the list.
Outlaw StarWin is win.

Good Movies
NameNotes
5 Centimeters per secondGood fucking movie, I cried for a good reason...
SlayersAny of the movies
Vampire Hunter DBecause D is fucking awesome
Spirited AwayI like this movie quite a bit for some reason. This one may be more of a personal preference.

Unique Shows
NameNotes
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 
Paranoia Agent 
Eden of the EastShow just kinda ends...and continues in the first movie which just kinda ends...to be continued and supposedly finished in the second movie.
Koi KazeMakes you rethink things a bit.

Fucked Up Shows (I can rate neither as good nor bad)
NameNotes
School DaysHappy boat...
Chrono CrusadeI cried...
Death Note 
SaikanoYeah, no, yeah...no...

Cheesy but good (They are good but can/will get cheesy at one point or another)
NameNotes
Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra 
Naruto/Naruto ShippuudenOngoing. The story is getting VERY good. The manga is showing signs of ending within due time.

Fucking Ridiculous (Fan Service Heavy / Just Ridiculous Stories, but funny as hell...usually / 17+ age)
NameNotes
Excel Saga 
Dead LeavesDon't watch this one unless you're high (joke, but seriously...)
Kiss X SisWho doesn't love a show about incest? Both the OAV and TV adaptation are hilarious. However, the manga is even better.

---------------------------
Woo, that is quite a list. Anyways, as of right now...

I'm watching Strawberry Panic and Munto TV.
I'm reading Berserk, Naruto, FMA, Kiss X Sis, and K-On!
I've been playing the visual novel Fate/Stay Night.

What else have I been doing with my free time since that sounds like a large list all ready?
*Programming new backend for a website I will not mention.
*Started a fansub group with my brother. (Not a joke)
*Started taking walks everyday for 1-2 hours depending on how I'm feeling.

----------------------------
I think...just maybe...my newish ADD pills are working correctly. I've been quite organized with my time as of late.

Damn that's a lot'ta text. Well, I'm off, zoom-zoom-zoom!

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy