View Single Post

Posted 2008-07-28, 11:24 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "don't try to futureproof your computer,..."
If you were building me a PC, then what would you go for over the mobo, RAM, CPU and graphics card that I've chosen?

One of my reasons for trying to futureproof it is that I'm off to Uni in October, and I'm not going to have £3000 to call my own for years after this one. If I don't build my computer now then the three grand will end up going towards things at Uni, and I'll be stuck with my current PC. Any cash left over from building the PC will also go towards things at Uni - which is why I'm going all out now on high spec components that probably won't need upgrading for two, maybe three years. If I do find the odd £250 here and there then I will add things, but big upgrades aren't too feasible... unless I starve myself each term.

Also, quick question - the Western Digital Raptor hard drives. The case has a slot specifically built for one, I'm wondering what the fuss is about them. Any idea?

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-07-28 at 11:28 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny