View Single Post

Posted 2009-09-13, 02:18 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm gonna go see 9 next week."
Tonight I watched The Spiderwick Chronicles. For a film that feels like it would be more at home in rural England, rather than American New England, it wasn't at all bad. It was obviously aimed at a much younger audience, but for all that it was also quite... well, not scary to the older ones like me, but I can imagine it would have the little uns shitting bricks.

A decent score from James Horner but, for all his brilliance, he's a dick for re-using One Last Wish from the Casper film. You just don't get the same emotion in Spiderwick when you hear it as you do in Casper (the beautiful piano tune at 3', and when they're dancing at the end (4' 16") and Casper says "Can I keep you?"):

BORKED

And there's the small fact that Freddie Highmore just ain't Christina Ricci.

Last edited by Lenny; 2009-09-13 at 02:20 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny