View Single Post

Posted 2010-03-19, 02:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A ..."
Maze TV
Action / Comedy / Fantasy

Animation: D- first few episodes. C+ for the rest
Story: C
Dub: Didn't watch. CPM DUB LOL nothx.
Sub: B-

All in all. Nothing really epic or worth spending too much money on. (I got it as part of a sale some time ago. Reallllly cheap.) Lots of slapstick comedy that wasn't really overly funny but added an entertaining cute twist to the series. The story is certainly unique. It has a lot to do with surfing the space time continuum.

The animation is pretty consistant with the times. It's no Mononoke, but for a 25ish episode series that was animated sometime in the mid 90's, its not bad on the eyes. There is a decent amount of action in every fight. Nope. No Berserk-esque still frames here.

I also didn't really get the ending. Why would you want two minds in one body if they love each other? There is no chance of romantic contact! (You wont really know what I'm talking about unless you have at least seen the Maze OVA which I will watch and rate at a later time)

Overall Recommendation: Really only worth watching to kill some time. Nothing really notable about this series other then Princess Mill is voiced by non other then Sakura Tange (Sakura Kinomono CCS). Fanservice is pretty light in this series, with no nudity except for 1/3rd of a nipple at the very end. Buy only if you are a collector.... and a very hardcore one. I have a habit of buying things on impulse, and have gotten stuck with hundreds of episodes worth of series that are total garbage.

Next up: Don't know yet. After watching something 15 years old, I kinda wanna rewatch something newer :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign