View Single Post

What computer should I buy
Posted 2009-04-01, 10:05 AM
Alright, after saving up for awhile and getting a bit of a loan from my parents, I can finally get a new desktop computer. (It's been about 4-6 years since I've gotten one.)

Anyway, I'm going to list the specs/price and I want your opinions on the best deal. I'm mainly looking for a computer that can run good graphic video games, run programs smoothly, etc.

Also, if you have any suggestions on upgrading something, or if you know a piece of hardware is faulty, let me know.

(I'm going to put them in separate posts because they're pretty extensive.)

So, Here we go:

Case - Nzxt Alpha Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply

Case Lighting
- Neon Blue

Standard Power Supply

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8500 (2x 3.16GHz/6MB L2 Cache/1333FSB)

Processor Cooling - AVC Silent Intel CPU Fan and Heatsink

Motherboard - [SLI] Asus P5N-D Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, Dual PCI-E MB EPU Technology

RAM - 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module

Video Card - NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512mb w/ DVI + TV Out Video

Hard Drive - 500 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache]

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive - LG 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound Card - 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

NIC - Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Flash Media Reader/Writer
- 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer

Price: $641.00
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-