View Single Post

Posted 2015-03-05, 03:51 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "It's pointless because you're..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
It's pointless because you're redefining truth as individual rather than consensual. But in a world with 7 billion people, that means nothing.
I have to agree with this.
1/7,000,000,000 is a big fight.
Most people around the world agree that murder is wrong.
"That's because religion said so", well, if everyone didn't already think it was wrong, they would spit in that guys' face, and these religions would have never started. People became religious because they agreed with certain ideas, such as not being murdered.
My point?
If you take all 7 billion people and survey them, believe it or not, we'd get similar results. Is it moral? It might not be. It might be based on success. "Do not steal-- from me" "Do not kill-- me", these aren't morals, these are security measures. We only have progress and safety because we have been given morals.

A world out there exists where killing and stealing is considered perfectly fine, and I'm sure that world is still having witch trials, and has under 1 billion.

But I'm also very tired, and just rambling an opinion.

Also, the 2+2=4 thing makes sense, if morals do, in fact, exist.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai