View Single Post

Posted 2008-07-27, 02:31 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I was going to mention that you needed..."
I've had awful experiences with MSI motherboards in the past (including this one), and the same goes for AMD processors (which mine also is), so I'd like to stay away from both for a few years, tbh.

I have had thoughts about ATI graphics cards, indeed, I put them in computers I've built for friends, but personally I prefer nVidia - plus an nVidia card will go well with the case! When I get the money, I'll eventually go up to tri-SLi.

The reason for my two 250gb's and one 1000gb HDD configuration is because I want one XP drive, one Vista drive, and one drive with all my files on (partitions are akin to the devil in my book). An external drive might be easier than the 1000gb internal to have, as I'll probably be swapping it in and out of the new PC and this one whenever I come home from Uni, which is something I'll think about. And I'd love a beefy PSU, though I'm not sure if I really need it.

24".

The advice has been noted, regardless of how the post reads! If I don't use it myself, then I may instead incorporate it into builds for other people who might not trust Intel, say, or have a hatred for nVidia. I find it interesting how the latest Crossfire doesn't require identical cards, I must admit.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-07-27 at 02:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny