Thread: Zelaron Clan
View Single Post

Posted 2004-09-30, 02:35 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Sounds like MJ has an idea but the more..."
SlickFic04 said:
Sounds like MJ has an idea but the more i think about it, the more it sounds like a communist community. Sounds like you are making this an "elite" circle exempt from the rest of the d2 community. Few problems however; people act in their own self interest, the bases of a market economy. Communism is different, u got a group but in this case u got the Treasurer, dictating wats worth what and the tax, oh boy the tax. What are u going to charge? Theres no medium of exchange in D2 (ie MONEY). Dont get me wrong i would like to help u plan out this idea cuz with some good ideas and thinkin anythin is possible. Aight back to my constructive critism. The treasurer is a good idea, im guessin they just hold valubles for people? Thats good stuff now what happens if the bank is robbed (hacked/fucked over by bnet)? Ill tell u what happens, instead of 1 more poor inicent victim of "life sucks" u got 10-20 victims all at once, yikes! One thing i'll be thinkin more of is the problem of a lack of medium exchange. The best example of a good economic system is a market system, but thats based on a medium of exchange. I dont play d2 anymore but last i heard 32020s are the closest thing to money. The best way to do this but this is just a rough idea and is alot easier to say than to be done, eh actually it really wont work but like in America, we make money and dispose of old bills (banks burn old money did u kno that?) so since u wouldnt have old money u wouldnt really do this. But basically someone dupe 32020s and that person/persons would exchange items for them but wtf am i sayin, this doesnt work at all. nvm sorry if i just wasted a minute of ur life from readin that. Let me think more on this obstactle.
You bring up some pointes, but all in all it sounds like an OK system to me. My plan is to make a circle that is as independent on itself as possible, while not losing out, and in fact gaining momentum on the rest of the D2 world. My hope in starting an economy is so that we can all trade items at a set price without all this bickering that goes on outside the forums in a mostly immature environement. My plan will make trading more effecient, and it will also hopefully be able to set up some cool things like tournaments within the clan. My hope is that everyone's self-interest will be fulfilled through this clan. Anything that doesn't work can be ammended. Anyone who doesn't like the idea, is of course, free to not join.

The treasurer will be the man in charge of what's worth what, but most of the input that the treasurer makes his decisions on will come from the other members of the clan. Fluctuation in prices, in cases of dupes or other occasions should be taken care of by the treasurer.

I'll leave the treasurer in charge of picking a good password for the bank. If the bank gets hacked or whatever, you are of course free to take out your anger on the treasurer however you want. The bank won't hold any of your personal items, only taxes that have been collected, so if it gets hacked then the community as a whole does lose out, but not severely. It can bre reinstated. And taxes will be minimal, say a pul rune. If that's too steep for members, then they can bring that up, and we will change accordingly.

Don't get turned off by the tax. If it's too high, you're welcome to call for a change. You have to remember though, that my plan is to hopefully help out newcomers, people that have gotten hacked, and set up tournaments. Whatever the bank has collected will eventually get back to you.

Thanks for the few issues you brought up. I'm always up for some constructive criticism. If you have ideas on how to improve upon mine, then please let us know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes