View Single Post

Posted 2008-11-29, 04:44 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Sounds good. Definitely the top..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
Sounds good. Definitely the top priority to me would be allowing people to select their RSS too, and perhaps eventually sexifying it up a little more.

Do you have any particular suggestions for its format? I'm considering to purchase the full, $47 version of CaRP, which is, as previously stated, very nice for just about all kinds of customization. I could probably build my own RSS parser as well, but that would be a very time consuming task.

I think the best way to do the custom RSS feed, for server stability and security reasons (considering that CaRP caches all of its feed requests on the server in a rather computationally intense process), is to let members choose one of several staff-approved feed sources from a pull-down menu. The RSS module on the Zelaron portal will then determine which of the selectable feeds to display for the individual user based on his or her choice.

The matter of adding new options would be trivial, so just about everyone who wants a feed source that isn't "Low_Blow's 30 most recent YouTube videos" will essentially be accommodated that way.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser