Thread: Gun laws?
View Single Post

Posted 2008-02-18, 05:29 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Alternatively, if the kid didn't have..."
Even if guns never existed he would have went in there and killed people. You should be ashamed to assume someone is going to kill just because they have a gun, I know loads of people that own guns, and I have never met anyone that had a legal gun that had done something illegal with it. You are talking about one person in millions, so punish the rest of us just because one person fucks up, I don't think so.

I am not suggesting the classrooms be infested with guns, but that if the interested and educated gun owners wanted to carry their weapon with them these college shootings would not happen, they go to these places because they know no one around is armed, did you ever think of that?

So crazy Joe Six Pack's decided he was going to kill a bunch of people, say in Virginia Beach, Two Major malls here, Pembroke and Lynnhaven, lets say Pembroke had a sign posted that prohibits lawfully carried weapons, and say on Lynnhaven Mall's doors there is a Sign welcoming legal concealed weapons. Which mall is Joe going to go murder people in?

On the other side, A responsible gun owner like myself will either avoid Pembroke Mall or make sure I leave the pistol in the car or at home, I am not willing to jeapordize my right to own and carry my weapons. Therefore the only people that have a weapon in that mall are irresponsible gun owners and criminals, no good people with guns in there.

For the school, I do agree, there would be a higher percentage of irresponsible gun use, So how about a special conceal carry campus permit, where the students have to take a course to further educate them on safety and responsibility.

Or the Professor? WHy not?

Besides it's not like these people are going to be bustin down doors to get guns, thanks to liberal teachers unions alarming percentages of students sit in fear of guns and have no motivation to get a gun anyway, but atleast you could let those so motivated to become educated and responsible with a weapon excersize their fundamental right to bear arms. And possibly save countless lives.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-02-18 at 05:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome