Thread: Fun Characters
View Single Post

Posted 2009-02-09, 09:25 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc next, but I don't really feel like making a Fishymancer just yet. That seems like a fun build, but not for me just yet. After the Sorc, I'm going to want to make a Barb or Amazon though. What are good builds for them? Can an EBotD War Pike with WW Barb work well, or just get flat out owned??
I made a sorc first, which was probably a good idea. For a first character, a sorc seems to be the best choice due to the ability to quickly and easily farm gear.

However, a fishymancer has a lot higher survivability, and isn't really all that gear dependant. Due to the fact that their gear dependancy is so low, you can toss nothing but magic find gear on them and be running hell baal from the start. There's no way you can do that with a sorc.

A fishymancer is a bit trickier to play, though. You have to learn how to properly use your curses to be able to do anything particularly hard. It's nice to have a sorc that can teleport to a boss and kill it in 10 seconds. Either one is a good choice, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!