View Single Post

Posted 2015-02-10, 05:00 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I just don't like Python's Command..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I just don't like Python's Command Prompt interface.
Unless, of course, I'm doing it wrong.
You are. Also, if you don't like the command line you might want to stop right now before your brain explodes. Not everyone can or should program. Just like not everyone can or should be a doctor. If they were we'd have a lot more dead/deformed people...just like the plethora of crap code we have floating around the internet right now.

Skurai said:
I've started out in Python, but I'm not so sure it will get me far.
It will and it won't. It depends on your goals. Python as a scripting language in PC games or a, basically modified, version called Boo is used for Unity3D, is decent. Python can be used to do various low-level features without having to write the glue for it (cause it's written for you). However, when dealing with so-called true programmers, they will insult and taunt you for not using C++. This is not a joke. I won't insult though, cause I think C++ needs to burn in the ashes of crap languages developed by sadists, like Lisp. This, mind you, is coming from someone who has developed their own scripting language which does some things that should flag it to be burned as well.

Lenny said: [Goto]
Look at writing object-oriented Python - you can write your classes and functions in any old text editor, then, and compile them to run them.
OO Python is the wrong first step. Getting procedural code down first is a must. OOP just gets in the way since it's often misused. Hell, I misused it for 4 years or so until I really started to truly understand it. Sadly that doesn't happen to most programmers. Since I realized what I was doing wrong and fixed it, I now see that most are still doing it wrong. So I'm strongly against people learning OOP early on. At the least they need to understand the callstack before using it. Cause I've seen people use the callstack to loop code that could have been done just as easily in a typical loop structure and wasted the callstack limit for crap. This is because they weren't taught to use looping properly.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy