View Single Post

Posted 2015-02-16, 02:46 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I haven't read enough of the expanded..."
If we accept the idea that emotion fuels force ability and that anger is easier felt than its opposite, than it follows that the Sith are more powerful. They can more easily draw out this kind of emotion because in war and battle, the prevailing sentiment is negative and murderous. So I believe it is easier for them to fight with power than the Jedi.

However, there are various exceptions that prove my point about individual emotional strength. Take Revan for example. He started off as Jedi, turned Sith (using all the abilities that accompany it), lost his memory and became a Jedi again, then regained it and became something in between. Rather, a true master of himself and the force, able to use both Light and Dark side powers.

In essence, I believe Jedi do not train or use Dark Side powers because they must tap into negative emotion to do so, which would counter or undermine their training with the Light.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow