View Single Post

Would decriminalization or legalization damper religion?
Posted 2009-11-04, 08:43 AM
Just one of my random thoughts of the day. I was just pondering legalization as a whole for the United States. Yes, our own country, the land of the free and home of the brave. The one country that claims to be completely free of religion (government separation). I feel a lot of people are religious because they are afraid of death. You can boil it down to that point from various angles, but that's all it comes down to in the end. The fear of death is perpetuated daily be the news, fear mongering, stereotypes, everything negative that is just natural human activity.

Anyways, my point is that if more people smoke and more peolpe smoke and eventually lets just say that 65-70% of the country starts smoking on somewhat of a regular basis. Will our nation's views on religion change? I would most definitely say that perspective would change, a spirituality would be reawoken in the nation that may have been caprtured a few times before, but maybe once again it can re-emerge.

Personally, smoking for the first time I had a spiritual awakenment that I've never had before, it was not too long after my grandfather died. At this time smoking opened a part of my curiousness about the world that I hadn't really ever experienced anymore. At this point in my life, my attitude definitely changed but not until more recently with more usage have I really come to understand the differences in attitude, and perspective.

Anyways, this brings me to another point. I would tend to think that religious circles could possibly already know this information, and may be a reason why they don't want people to 'expand their mind' because that would go against everything they've been teaching for the last couple hundred of years. If you break the mold and have a thought in your head that is actually your own, then their institution is jeopardized just that little much more. I think if we could legalize or atleast decriminalize mary jane, and over a decade or so the public's opinion on life and religion and the perspective of things around them could change greatly. Maybe.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V