View Single Post

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:06 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I feel that if gay people want to be as..."
I divide lawmakers/politicians into two categories for this type of subject matter

1. On the one had there are those that believe something and work into making it a law to force others to live the same way

1. On the other hand there are those that believe something but also realize that it's not necessary to make others live how they believe

In certain situations type 2 is necessary. I mean I don't believe citizens should have ready access to plutonium for example, and it's legitimate to believe that others should have to live the same way. For things like gay marriage, or marijuana, or what you have it's lame to say "I don't like or want that, so no one should."

I guess people have always been that way. It's kinda the same as religious intolerance years ago... It's a "live and let live" or "oppress and convert" sort of difference - but now it's just migrated from the theocracy to democracy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM