View Single Post

Posted 2006-03-05, 05:56 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "i was looking for anything that would..."
sciencekid said:
i was looking for anything that would be like the feeling that she got, i wasn't trying to say that it was a direct similiarity, ok?
anyway, you're avoiding the question, what do you think about the experiment she did, not the feeling she got or didn't get?
There was a question? I was unaware of that. What do I think about the experiment? I think there are too many variables not taken into account to come to any sort of conclusion.

Quote:
that's what my teacher said as well, but i'm asking even beyond that, why is it able to not need a medium, and don't say that it just does, cause that's not what i want to hear. i heard that it's a rip in time/space, but i don't know.

About a 100 or so years ago, most physicists believed that electromagnetic radiation always passed through a medium which permeated the universe called aether. This theory was discarded after Einstein published his Special Theory of Relativity. In another paper, Einstein explained that light could be looked at as individual particles, called photons, rather than waves. Obviously, particles do not require a medium to traverse through. Today, both the wave and particle theories are accepted. To get a better understanding of this, you're going to have to read into quantum mechanics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes