View Single Post

Posted 2008-11-21, 09:19 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Dude threatens to commit suicide on a..."
That's an interesting question. That would take a bit of thinking for me to determine whether or not I think the admins should be held responsible.

I suppose that their lack of response could be considered a contributing factor to his death, but then again, I don't know that I would say they have any responsibility to do anything about it. The person was using another website/program to stream the suicide. People claiming that they're going to kill themselves is a frequent occurance on the internet, and generally I think it is regarded as simple "attention whoring." It's an unfortunate thing that happened, really.

Some other factors that would be relevant to whether or not the admins should be held responsible: Did they know any of his personal contact information to even contact authorities? I mean, if they don't know his name, where he lives, etc, there isn't a whole lot they could do other than figure out where he is based on his IP address. Even then, that's an unreliable means of finding out where someone is, within a reasonable amount of time. Did they know ahead of time that he was actually going to kill himself and stream video of it? How old was he? It's really difficult to say whether or not they should be held responsible.

My final question. Is there a video? I want to see this shit because I'm screwed up like that. GG internet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!