View Single Post

Posted 2010-07-22, 06:13 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'm not so sure. Consider how..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
I'm not so sure. Consider how technology has in the past. From man to steam, steam to electricity. From math to computer and computer to robot. Soon, sooner than we can think, it'll be from man to machine. And what's higher than machine?

Absolutely nothing.
Only a simple minded fool would say that there's nothing higher than "machine." Honestly, there isn't even any real indication that we will fully go the way of machines. There are a lot of biological sorts of things being discovered, such as the recent "synthetic life" stuff. The only reason you could possibly thing that machines are "the end" would be that you're not creative enough to come up with what is next. I guarantee you that machines are not the end. Machines only mock life, in general. Life is, in general, more powerful than machines. Once we have the ability to create any sort of organism we want, we'll be able to augment our bodies with living organisms rather than just machines. Or hell, maybe we'll integrate the two technologies together and make machines that are augmented with living organisms (to prevent things like rust, corrosion, etc, and to repair things as necessary.) The possibilities are ENDLESS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!